Brands Hatch Historic F1 - Sunday

Edit My Images
No
Went to Brands Hatch on Sunday for the Historic F1 event. Had a good time although early on it rained a bit.
Managed to last till about 1.30 just as the F1 race started and the heavens opened so no shots of the F1 cars.
As always there are plenty of other races through out the day.

No. 63

IMG_4253a.jpg

No. 97

IMG_4406a.jpg

No. 28

IMG_4409a.jpg

No. 33

IMG_4413a.jpg

No. 91

IMG_4562b.jpg

No. 5

IMG_4603a.jpg

No. 89

IMG_4614a.jpg

No. 2

IMG_4655a.jpg

No. 48

IMG_4692a.jpg

Getting Ready

IMG_4790a.jpg

Had a good day, always like to have a chat with the drivers and crew in the paddock.

where were you stood? Panning seems good

I didnt get to the paddock on saturday, started to rain and i couldnt be arsed with waiting around

I was stood just on the right of the bridge in Druids Infield.

Equipment used.

Canon 400D with Tamron 70-300mm mounted on a monopod. First time using the monopod and found it a bit too flexible. It was a budget one from 7dayshop so when I get the money I will invest in a more sturdy one.

This is only about my third attempt at panning, just haven't had the time since getting the 400D, too much happening at home.

I would really like to know how to improve, is the lens any good, I'm not overly impressed with the sharpness, but I feel that is more down to me than the lens.

Not sure what you mean by over cropping, I have looked at the other threads and all seem pretty similar. I was standing about 12-15 feet from the car. I have also straightened them although I was on the hill. I actually prefer the angle but have had comments before about straightening.

I would really like to know how to improve, is the lens any good, I'm not overly impressed with the sharpness, but I feel that is more down to me than the lens.

it's not easy is it? - I've had a few tries but totally useless - I'm not showing you my attempts:nono:

I think yours are pretty good seeing as though it's only your third time(y)

They do look a tad tight on the cropping front, could do with abit more space infront of them atleast. Where they taken like that or have you cropped them on the PC? The more you crop from an image the more detail you lose, so try and your PC crops as small as poss, i try to frame the image i want in the lens.

Example 1/50sec f32 pan at Oulton, full frame, HANDHELD WITHOUT the IS enabled!

Hosted on Fotki

Just takes a bit of practice, personally i hate mono's and tri's for motorsport so everything on my site is hand held.

i dont think your panning is bad at all, sharpness may be down to the lens, have you done any post processing?

I wouldnt say there is much wrong with your composition really, but perhaps dont crop quite so tight.

Panning is good (well, very good for a third time), but some of them arent totally sharp.

With that lens a monopod isnt really necessary imo. Sure, I use one all the time ofr motorsport with the 120-300 2.8 but then again have you ever tired to handhold one a 300 2.8 :LOL:).

Keep practicing! :D

i agree with Joe!

Thanks.

As a composition issue, looking for advice, you comment on the angle part of it.
It sounds interesting and I will have a go with a few of them.
But why does it improve the image.

Back