Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Name
Gillian
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my new photographic subjects. Pics taken using a Nikon D3000 with kit lens & built in flash so quite happy with results. Think I need to save up for a dedicated macro lens though ;)

BRB-3.jpg

BRB-8.jpg

BRB-5.jpg

Tried to get on her level but she is quite small and seemed to like climbing on the camera :LOL:

Love the first shot! When I kept snakes I always toyed with getting a rainbow boa - trouble is that most of the adults look a little dull, but they are spectacular as youngsters!

Phil

Love the first shot! When I kept snakes I always toyed with getting a rainbow boa - trouble is that most of the adults look a little dull, but they are spectacular as youngsters!

Phil

Thanks Phil. That's why we went for a Brazilian even though they are the biggest of the Rainbows, she'll keep the spots and get quite red as an adult. I found the Columbian and Argentinians a bit dull in comparison, unless seen in bright sunlight of course then they are all spectacular :)

Thanks Phil. That's why we went for a Brazilian even though they are the biggest of the Rainbows, she'll keep the spots and get quite red as an adult. I found the Columbian and Argentinians a bit dull in comparison, unless seen in bright sunlight of course then they are all spectacular :)

My favourites were my green tree pythons. Tricky snakes to keep at times, but stunning!

Phil

Beautiful looking snake, are the blue spots reflections of the flash or iridescence in the scales?

Lovely animal. I like the first best, the others on the carpet and leather don't work for me I'm afraid. Still, photographically they are pretty decent(y)

One of my new photographic subjects. Pics taken using a Nikon D3000 with kit lens & built in flash so quite happy with results. Think I need to save up for a dedicated macro lens though ;)

BRB-3.jpg

BRB-8.jpg

BRB-5.jpg

Tried to get on her level but she is quite small and seemed to like climbing on the camera :LOL:

Cracking snake, is it yours? I tried to photograph my Royal Python last night, but he was in a bad mood. Ima have another go tonight.

Beautiful looking snake, are the blue spots reflections of the flash or iridescence in the scales?

A bit of both actually :D The scales are iridescent which is picked up by strong sunlight, or a flash.

Lovely animal. I like the first best, the others on the carpet and leather don't work for me I'm afraid. Still, photographically they are pretty decent

Thank you, she's a wriggly wee monsta so great to know I'm on the right track. Will try and look for more interesting backdrops.

Cracking snake, is it yours? I tried to photograph my Royal Python last night, but he was in a bad mood. Ima have another go tonight.

Thank you, yes she's my wee Petal (actually that is her name, I know I'm :nuts: ). We also have a 3 month old male Royal Python which we picked up last weekend so have yet to get any good pics of him, although my OH got a great one of him feeding last night. Thought we might have problems but he didn't even need a second look at the mouse before he struck. Am well chuffed. Would love to see some pics of your Royal :)

I have a couple of Cornsnakes and know what they are like when they get out of the tank. Hopefully they'll slow down a bit when they are older;)

A bit of both actually :D The scales are iridescent which is picked up by strong sunlight, or a flash.

Thank you, she's a wriggly wee monsta so great to know I'm on the right track. Will try and look for more interesting backdrops.

Thank you, yes she's my wee Petal (actually that is her name, I know I'm :nuts: ). We also have a 3 month old male Royal Python which we picked up last weekend so have yet to get any good pics of him, although my OH got a great one of him feeding last night. Thought we might have problems but he didn't even need a second look at the mouse before he struck. Am well chuffed. Would love to see some pics of your Royal :)

Brilliant, id love a BRB. Gonna try and get some pics of my royal tonight, if he plays ball that is!

Cracking shots of a very hard to photograph snake, I only got lucky once with mine, I wasn't expecting it to sit still so hadn't finished smoothing out the sheet she was on:
DSC02214-1.jpg

I really wish I had kept mine as I saw it about 4 months ago and she is STUNNING now.

Oh, and Brazilians get BETTER with age, not worse, it's the columbians and peruvians that brown out with age.
MORE PICS!

Lovely animal. I like the first best, the others on the carpet and leather don't work for me I'm afraid. Still, photographically they are pretty decent(y)

I agree with Brian on these (y)
Photographically is a big word for him, he must ave looked that up in his dictionary :D

Thanks guys.

Karl, what a great capture. Might try tying her in knots as it seemed to work for you lol. She shed at the weekend there so we took her out in the sunshine this afternoon and my OH got some lovely close ups of her on the grass with his 40D & macro lens. He hasn't processed them yet but will put one up once he's sorted them.

Have definitely learnt the background lesson.

The way I got that shot was to put the snake in a small upturned tub for a while to sort of chill out, I lifted the tub after 5 mins to check all was ok and it just sat there. Was a "take it or loose it" moment....

Definately wanna see the outdoor shots

I agree with Brian on these (y)
Photographically is a big word for him, he must ave looked that up in his dictionary :D

Ha, effin ha!!:p

Back