Bridge camera for macro

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Cn anyone reccomend a bridge camera for macro work.I have been diagnosed with muscular problems in my shoulders and my 20d is too heavy.Might also be interested in a trade.

Regards

Pete

I use a Canon S3 IS, it's fairly old now, there's an S5 and I think a whole load of new models have just been released/announced, but it handles macro reasonably well! And you should be able to pick them up for very little now. I don't know how close you're planning to go, here are a few examples:

2850361643_e8ea7f713c.jpg

2851193310_6e96bcacb0.jpg

Hope this helps!

Its an SLR, but how about an Olympus E420? They are nearly half the wieght of the 20D, and the 35mm macro only wieghs 165g.

I use a Canon S3 IS, it's fairly old now, there's an S5 and I think a whole load of new models have just been released/announced, but it handles macro reasonably well! And you should be able to pick them up for very little now. I don't know how close you're planning to go, here are a few examples:

2850361643_e8ea7f713c.jpg

2851193310_6e96bcacb0.jpg

Hope this helps!

Thanks Chris.

Pete

Its an SLR, but how about an Olympus E420? They are nearly half the wieght of the 20D, and the 35mm macro only wieghs 165g.

Thanks Gazza but its also the exrta lenses to carry as i will be doing other photography.

Pete

I used to have a Canon S3 and was very, very pleased with it (although I didn't use it for macro) the PQ was excellent

Some of the Panasonic FZ series cameras come to mind, they might be worth a look.

Another vote for the Canon S3 IS, here's one I took with it.

Sorry about the size, but the only way I could show the quality.

bug.jpg

I had the Fuji S9600 before I got my DSLR, the macro is good. It's got a 'super' macro setting which gets you pretty damn close. (y) It's not the lightest of bridge cameras but like you say their won't be any additional lenses to carry.

Thanks everyone for your replies. The Fuji 9600 looks good, Has anyone used the Panasonic FZ50 in macro.

Thanks

Pete

I had the Fuji S9600 before I got my DSLR, the macro is good. It's got a 'super' macro setting which gets you pretty damn close. (y) It's not the lightest of bridge cameras but like you say their won't be any additional lenses to carry.

Couple this with a Raynox MSN-202 and you're laughing. Not tried the FZ50 but heard good things...

Back