Review Brilliant service from Grays of Westminster

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Always get great service from the team there but what with lockdowns etc it's made things difficult to sort out trade ins etc.

So I received my Z6ii from them last week and yesterday sent my Z6 and 70-200 to them to trade in retrospectively as they had proposed when I pre-ordered. Got a call today to process my refund and they gave more than WEX were offering a couple of weeks ago for the Z6 and about what I thought I'd get for the 70-200. Very pleased with the way they have handled the lockdowns etc and I look forward to visiting the store when things get back to more normal.

BTW if you shoot Nikon and are ever in London, go and visit. It's not a shop, it's an experience. It really is like stepping back in time to a day when customer service, giving advice, and making sure you are 100% happy before you leave the shop was the experience you got from shopping. The basement second hand area is like an Aladdin's cave too :)

I got my 85s from them and the 24-70s from them, traded in the f4 and my 105/1.4 for that one. And I have the vertical grip on order with them now as well. I would have bought my 70-200s from them but stock is impossible to get and Panamoz had them so I decided to get that from there, but I generally don't go anywhere else for Nikon kit now.

Recently bought some kit from them and my items were really competitively priced and the service was first class.

Yes, it's certainly an experience... As a Canon user I find I have to hold a crucifix towards the window and wear a clove of garlic round my neck to walk past the place! ;) :giggle:

Joking aside, glad you got good service there. (y)

Last edited:
Good to hear. I wandered into the shop once to have a look at the goodies and my Wife and I were treated like absolute sh*t.

Was warned on the spot by ‘er indoors that I was never to consider buying anything from them - and I never have done... and never would!

Good to hear. I wandered into the shop once to have a look at the goodies and my Wife and I were treated like absolute sh*t.

Was warned on the spot by ‘er indoors that I was never to consider buying anything from them - and I never have done... and never would!

That sounds very unlike the shop I know from visiting or dealing with them online via email, or messages.

It is a long time since I have bought anything from Grays, but I have spoken a few times recently about a number of problems (4 or 5 in the past year) and I have had nothing but courteous service and help, although I told them I was not intending to buy anything. Attitudes like that deserve good publicity.

I've always found the shop a wonderful experience, not terrific on the trade-in side, but for buying stuff up there with Cambrian and SRS.

Back