Bristol and Surrounding Areas Photo Spots Suggestions.

The Bridge isn't ideally suited for early morning sunlight at this time of year. Views from it would be okay though.
For views from the Gorge over the reservoir you want to park at Black Rock near the top & hike up & over - not far but steep in places.
Chew Valley Lake I tend to find a bit boring in all honesty..... Although, sunrise from the long lay-by can be good.
You can get to the north west side of Blagdon Lake on the waters edge.
Lighthouse is good morning or evening. You need a fairly high tide though for it to be in the water.
Clevedon Pier.
Burrington Combe/Rowberrow/Stockhill if you like trees & woodland.
Pensford Viaduct?
Plenty of stuff around the harbourside - M Shed/the Cranes/SS Great Britain/Cabot Tower/St Mary Redcliffe.
Bath? Nice early on a Sunday morning.
Wells?
Ashton Windmill?

for a pano views...since you are in burnham on sea
crooks peak...
gliders up there as well

https://www.mendipgliding.co.uk/area-of-mendip

brent knoll...
we lived in the area for 4 years and spent most days out at wells!!...cathedral etc
cheers
geof

Over the bridge to the Forest of Dean for some nice autumn trees?

City centre, and photograph as many diesel cars against their landmark surroundings as you can... from what I've read, photos like that may well be an interesting historical document fairly soon! ;)

Portishead and Avonmouth. I'd recommend cycling, as there's a lovely cycle path network, you can cover a lot of ground, and it's just nicer than driving. You've got nature/wildlife, Industrial stuff, water, architecture, all sorts.

The Bristol to Bath Cycle path is pretty good. Lots to photograph in the city centre Spike Island & Wapping Wharf area especially if you're into people photography too. The Clifton Observatory area has a good area to see the Suspension Bridge. Also The Old Severn Bridge (M48) you can drive (or even cycle across) to Chepstow, that's got a few decent places for pictures. Weston Supermare's worth a visit too.

Back