Bristol in the sun

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots taken in Bristol over the last couple of weeks.

All shot on film (Ilford XP2) with very little editing.

Feedback and critique appreciated.

021_20.JPG

011_10.JPG

022_21.JPG

006_5.JPG

003_2.JPG

What a great set of images, I do like XP2 and your shots demonstrate why!

2 & 5 for me...........................:)

Thanks guys. If you are interested they are all shot on a Nikon FM2n with a Tamron 19-35mm lens (mostly at 19mm). I also used an orange filter for these shots.

Most of these shots are part of a current theme/series I'm working on. Trying to photograph people relaxing around the city. The idea I'm exploring is people creating their own bubble of personal space in a public place (switching off from the rest of the world). So a lot of smokers, a lot of people relaxing in the sun on benches or steps, a lot of people waiting outside shops or looking in windows. 2, 4 and 5 are examples of this.

I have more threads dotted around with pics. Pics from the same roll of film can be found here with more portraits (you might like if you like 2) and pics from previous weekends can be found here and here.

Jeff, thanks for commenting that you like #5. I'm especially pleased with that shot. I estimated all settings and took the pic as I walked by without breaking stride. I didn't even have time to glance at the light meter or adjust focus. I saw the shot from a distance and had it clear in my head long before I passed by. It was actually the one shot on the film I was most excited to finally see! So happy it came out close to how I visualised it would. I especially like the reflection ahead and to the side of her. It's just a fun bit of reflection, shadows and geometry all interplaying.

Last edited:
Back