British Wildlife Centre, nr Lingfield

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all,

Just wanted to post a few piccies from my trip to the British Wildlife Centre today.

All photos were taken with a Sony a450, using a "cheap" 18-250mm Sony lens.

Hope you like.
As you can see, the polecats were very open to being photographed!

Advice/criticism appreciated.

1)
_DSC0866.jpg

2)
_DSC0728.jpg

3)
_DSC0707.jpg

4)
_DSC0692.jpg

5)
_DSC0647.jpg

6)
_DSC0568.jpg

Ok Andy to be perfectly honest these ll look a bit washed out and out of focus to me, have you done any processing on them ?
Had a quick play with the fox, not perfect but with a bit of time and effort it could really be bought out.
One other criticism is to watch the backgound, try not to get the wire mesh in it

_DSC0866.jpg

Last edited:
Oh right, didn't think they looked out of focus.....

I've not done anything to them processing wise, so maybe I should.

And the wire mesh is a bugger!

I do agree with Gremlin
they certainly do look soft,
almost as if they were shot through dirty glass ?
or you have clipped the wire causing a blur ?
There are some nice potential images in there though (y)

Just a tweak with shadows and highlights
and a touch of USM (UnSharp Mask)

Yours
_DSC0692.jpg

Mine 2 minutes in photoshop
hope that helps
_DSC0692_copy.jpg

Also, I had a UV filter on it. It was definitely clean but could this have caused the image washiness? I only have it on to protect the lens glass. Maybe it's worth leaving the filter off and just taking extra care of the lens.

I never use a filter on my lens, just keep the lenses hood on, not damage one yet

I agree with Gremlin and Cobra but still not bad photos. Keep meaning to go back to the centre.

I never use a filter on my lens, just keep the lenses hood on, not damage one yet

Yep seconded (y)
you can push the lens hood tight up against glass (cutting down on reflections),
or wire without any problems
the only time I would use a filter is in a harsh environment
ie a sand storm or a risk of flying grit at a rally, or such like

Ok, lens filter is coming off! I'm going back there is two weeks so I'll have to compare the pics!

Ok, lens filter is coming off! I'm going back there is two weeks so I'll have to compare the pics!

Is this photgraphy days, cos they are shut now till february :shrug:

Well I'm a bit late to the party but I echo what everyone else has said - are you using any PP software at the moment? It's a bit of a learning curve but it can make all the difference to a potentially great shot - a few words of advice that I was given though... "you can't polish a turd". It's easy to get carried away and think PP is the answer to everything and sadly it's not.

Ahhh right, I'm a member so you never know ;)

Back