Brixton Station 0200hr

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Still waiting for the welders
so thought i try these's, as you can see it was very misty

:coat:

Both pictures are suffering with the orange colour casts that the street lights produce, although present digital cameras tend to pick it out more than the human eye and it is usually a good idea to alter the white balance to reduce the effect.

I have done some minor editing to the second shot to bring out some of its potential; altered the colour cast to a more suited tone for the picture, altered the levels and curves (paid special attention to making the foreground moody, masking the statue to make it look like a lone woman while increasing the contrast of the lights on the platform on the far side of the station. I also wanted to keep the mist/fog and the noise as I think it adds to this now gritty shot. Finally applied a crop to frame the shot as I would have done at the scene..you now have all the lines from the fence, the station platform roof and the train tracks leading into the statue of the woman. Which is your focal point.

The second one has a great deal of potential.

brixton20gt.jpg

Hope that helps?

Thanks steve, i'll have another go tonight.

Great shots, I actually like the orange of the street lamps. I nearly went out last night to shoot them myself, very foggy here yesterday and the light off the street lamps was really good mixed with the fog.

that second shot is great, i like steve's edit too, makes for a stronger composition.

Many thanks for the kind words guys

The orange from the street lights is a great benefity in these shots. fantastic.

Back