broken Halina 3000

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I've just bought a Halina 3000 off the internet (not ebay) , I only paid a fiver for it , I just bought it for a bit of fun. problem is the shutter mechanism is stuck open and wont close.

because the camera is only cheap i'm not to bothered about a refund and would sooner attempt to fix the shutter

Are these easy to fix or is it destined for the bin ?

Never handled the Halina; but looking at the photos, I have the following idea.

First open the retainer ring in front of the lens ( there are 2 notches to turn it).

Then take out the black ring to which the light meter cell is attached very carefully without breaking the wires.

Then twist open the front element of the lens - its screwed on.

Now, if the design is simple ( like the Konica RFs) the shutter assembly should be accessible, and clean it with nail polish remover and ear-buds.

If the design is complex; like the Minolta or Olympus; you are sunk. The only way to access the shutter assembly then is to open the top plate and take the whole assembly out; and you will need full instruction diagrams to do it right and put it back.

At this point, bin it

Never handled the Halina; but looking at the photos, I have the following idea.

First open the retainer ring in front of the lens ( there are 2 notches to turn it).

Then take out the black ring to which the light meter cell is attached very carefully without breaking the wires.

Then twist open the front element of the lens - its screwed on.

Now, if the design is simple ( like the Konica RFs) the shutter assembly should be accessible, and clean it with nail polish remover and ear-buds.

If the design is complex; like the Minolta or Olympus; you are sunk. The only way to access the shutter assembly then is to open the top plate and take the whole assembly out; and you will need full instruction diagrams to do it right and put it back.

At this point, bin it

thanks for that

I'll give it a try :)

Back