No
Sunrise on Lagoon
BrokenMirror.jpg

Out of camera, no added saturation.​

oooh that is really really very good.
fantastic colours and a great reflection
(y)

Hi mark, that's a real beauty.

Stunning sunset, with beautiful colours.

The only thing I might be tempted to do is crop some off the right hand side, and make it more of a square crop.

Ewan

oooh that is really really very good.
fantastic colours and a great reflection
(y)
Thanks Andrew. :)
Beautiful. With Ewan on the crop. Must be spring in Tasmania.
Thanks Toby, and yes it is spring here although I have to tell you that it is very hot compared to normal; more like early summer.
Hi mark, that's a real beauty.
Stunning sunset, with beautiful colours.
The only thing I might be tempted to do is crop some off the right hand side, and make it more of a square crop.Ewan
Thanks Ewan, Yes, maybe it would be better cropped as you suggest. It may be one of those compositions where the "Thirds Rule" should be disregarded.

OK, here's the crop. Do you like it better?
BrokenMirror2.jpg

Last edited:
i prefer the original
the vibrancy and irregular nature of the sky carry the dark areas for me

MMM, i Think it might be a slight improvement, but i cant quite make my mind up. :)

Ewan

Thanks Andrew. :)

Thanks Toby, and yes it is spring here although I have to tell you that it is very hot compared to normal; more like early summer.

Thanks Ewan, Yes, maybe it would be better cropped as you suggest. It may be one of those compositions where the "Thirds Rule" should be disregarded.

OK, here's the crop. Do you like it better?
BrokenMirror2.jpg

That's a lovely image Mark... (y) ... in its original form for me too though... ;)

The reflection looks like a big dog with a long thin muzzle... :naughty:

:p

i prefer the original
the vibrancy and irregular nature of the sky carry the dark areas for me
sorry i prefer the original very nice (y)
MMM, i Think it might be a slight improvement, but i cant quite make my mind up. :) Ewan
That's a lovely image Mark... (y) ... in its original form for me too though... ;)
The reflection looks like a big dog with a long thin muzzle... :naughty:
:p
Thanks guys, I actually prefer my original for much the same reasons as Andrew does.

;) Ah Venomator, what you see in the shape of the reflection I'm sure has some deep psychological significance - a sort of Rorschach test perhaps? :thinking:

Last edited:
Yeah, the original is better after all. The crop shows up a loss of sharpness.
Hi Toby, sorry for not responding sooner, I didn't notice that this post had almost slipped off the page.

Image quality loss was caused by having cropping the posted shot at the top of the page and then reposting it, instead of editing the original.

Back