Broken Sigma 55-200mm Help!!

Name
Guy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys i've just bought a Sigma 55-200mm F4-5.6 DC AF of ebay and when fitted to my 400D it hunts back and forth erratically and is really quite unusable and just wont focus when my other lens do.

Help!!! Any ideas what i can do to fix it. Im doing my nut!

does the buyer have a returns policy?

if not, you'll have to send it into Sigma for repair, but I'd recommend finding someone else with a similar camera so you can try it on a different body.

Unfortunatley Ebay is a good place to get rid of junk.

Unfortunatley not he's being a **** about it saying it was fine when it was sold blah blah blah! and must have been done by me and thats why i want to return it.

what area are you in? I am in essex if you want to try it on my camera? Just a thought.

SigmaUK are very good about these things. they dont always want to see guarantees either.. I would suggest getting in touch with them and explaining the situation exactly as happened (ebay ect) and see what they say..

dealt with them twice now and I have nothing but praise for sigmaUK

Did you literally just buy it? contact eBay and Paypal (assuming you payed that way) at once, explain to them the situation and take it from there. I'm sure it will be resolved satisfactorily but you may end up out of pocket for return postage. When it comes to sending it back, pack it extremely well and use rmsd only to post it.

Thanks, i've contacted SigmaUK via email and the chap has asked for the serial code and where i bought it (i guess to see if still under warrenty) Hope he's a good fella and says they will fix under warrenty (or just send it in and ther'll fix)

Thanks also Steep, i've contacted Paypal lets see what they have to say, I hate dishonest people.

I've just had an email back from SigmaUK saying the lens isnt under warrenty but as a good will gesture they will fix for free. What a brilliant company. Big up Sigma

Sorry to see your in a spot of bother I'm sure Sigma UK will look after you.

Keep us all posted...(y)

I've just had an email back from SigmaUK saying the lens isnt under warrenty but as a good will gesture they will fix for free. What a brilliant company. Big up Sigma

See... top people all the way.. not many companies like that so I like to sing the praises when I find one:)

:clap: well done Sigma! :clap:

Top company :)

Hi sub7, what are your details mate i might know someone who is interested.

Guysie,
wouldn't hurt to let Sigma know the positive feedback from here
I'm sure they'll more than recover the cost of the clean in extra business (y)

Wasn't sure about Sigma after reading about the 28-70 f2.8 Ex .But after reading how they've helped out Guysie thats says more than enough for me . Round of applause :clap:.. Doesn't happen enough these these days ...

Back