Broken Weston Light Meters, what am i doing wrong!?

Name
Russell Bates
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

Over the past few weeks i have aquired a couple of weston light meters. One weston master 2 and one a weston master 5. The latter being bought off ebay.

However i can't seem to get either of the bloody things working! The first, i thought fair enough as i dug it out of the attic. But the master 5 i purchased off ebay was advertised in working condition.

Maby its me they just simply don't seem to give readings or if they do they are very low only when held directly into a table light.

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong. Or how much to get it fixed??

Russ

Did you get instructions with them? Apologies for teaching you to suck eggs but I'll assume you haven't. No idea about the 2 but I've got a five.

Step1
Hold it vertically so the back is pointing towards the area you want to meter, press the button on the right hand side.

If the needle doesn't move you haven't got enough light for that scale, proceed to step 2.

Step2
On the perforated bit on the back, pull the catch down and flip the perforated cover open. Repeat step 1.

HTH
Kev

the five does reflective and incident readings ,,,you need the invercone for the latter ,,try what kev says , go outside and hold it up to the light , if it dosent show any readings lift the back cover out the way , and if it still dosent show anything its night time or broken

Megatron offer a reasonably priced repair & calibration service.

But as suggested already, check the low range works first, indoor lighting is deceptively low as our eyes a very good at adapting to it.

Thanks guys think i may need the repair and calibration, its telling me i need 100 at f1 when placed directly infront of a light bulb.

Russ

Back