Bronica lens cap stuck

Name
Steve, Coventry, England
Edit My Images
Yes
The rear lens cap on my daughter's Zenzanon-S 250mm F5.6 leans seems to be stuck solid.

It came off OK yesterday, she put it back on and now it won't move.

Any ideas ?

Not the first and unlikely to be the last!!!

I have the opposite problem, the rear caps on my Bronica lenses always fall off at the slightest opportunity.

I wouldn't have guessed and I have that lens but I use a push clip lens cap.
But does it mean the lens attaches to the camera anti-clockwise? I didn't ask her, but I would have thought the cap and camera attach in the same direction.

But does it mean the lens attaches to the camera anti-clockwise? I didn't ask her, but I would have thought the cap and camera attach in the same direction.
Sorry Steve, I'm not sure I am understanding the issue here, the lens attaches to the camera by rotating it away from the red dot which is anti clockwise as you look at the rig from in front of the lens. To remove the lens you need to depress the catch on the shutter speed side of the camera and turn the lens clockwise until the 2 red dots line up. When I first replied I thought you were talking about the front lens cap but I see now you meant the rear cap that covers the lens to body connection, those remove by turning clockwise when the lens is pointiong away from you and you have the rear cap towards you.

Hope I haven't confused things even more now.

Last edited:
Sorry Steve, I'm not sure I am understanding the issue here, the lens attaches to the cameraby rotating it away from the red dot which is anti clockwise as you look at the rig from in front of the lens. To remove the lens you need to depress the catch on the shutter speed side of the camera and turn the lens clockwise until the 2 red dots line up. When I first replied I thought you were talking about the front lens cap but I see now you meant the rear cap that covers the lens to body connection, those remove by turning clockwise when the lens is pointiong away from you and you have the rear cap towards you.

Hope I haven't confused things even more now.
No, not at all, that is what I expected.

I'm sure my Kiev 88 was the "normal" way round, though that was about 30 years ago, so I may be wrong (P6 mount), and at that time the only 35mm cameras I had we M43 and the Zorki.

Out of interest, which way round is the Hasselblad?

Now looking for a 50mm lens, are there any choices, if so, what would you suggest?

No, not at all, that is what I expected.

I'm sure my Kiev 88 was the "normal" way round, though that was about 30 years ago, so I may be wrong (P6 mount), and at that time the only 35mm cameras I had we M43 and the Zorki.

Out of interest, which way round is the Hasselblad?

Now looking for a 50mm lens, are there any choices, if so, what would you suggest?
IIRC there are 2 versions the P and PS the P is the older one, the PS is supposed to be slightly better but is less available. The 50mm lens was always considered the worst Bronica lens not as sharp as the 40, 65 or 80. I have the P version (because I couldn't find a PS version) and while I will keep it as part of the set I rarely use it preferring the 40mm. Again the 40 (like all lenses for the SQ range) come in the earlier P and later PS versions. I have the 40mm P version again because I couldn't find a PS version but I use it a lot and I am entirely satisfied with the results, however, the downside of the P is it comes with a fixed petal lens hood that restricts the kind of filters you can use and it's filter thread size is 95mm.

IIRC there are 2 versions the P and PS the P is the older one, the PS is supposed to be slightly better but is less available. The 50mm lens was always considered the worst Bronica lens not as sharp as the 40, 65 or 80. I have the P version (because I couldn't find a PS version) and while I will keep it as part of the set I rarely use it preferring the 40mm. Again the 40 (like all lenses for the SQ range) come in the earlier P and later PS versions. I have the 40mm P version again because I couldn't find a PS version but I use it a lot and I am entirely satisfied with the results, however, the downside of the P is it comes with a fixed petal lens hood that restricts the kind of filters you can use and it's filter thread size is 95mm.
Thank you, that is very useful :)

Back