Bronica View Finder

Name
Matt Thomas
Edit My Images
No
With my Bronny which should be getting it comes with this finder

7415_1.JPG

Can you get rid of the middle magnifier bit or do you have buy a different finder?

Thanks

LOL. If it's anything like the Mamiya RB 67 and any other MF camera I've used with a waist level finder, you just push the magnifier downwards until it's mated with the inside of the front face of the hood where it clicks and locks into place. There's usually a small release button to cause it to spring back up into place. There's no way you'll have to buy another finder - the above arrangement is pretty well universal with these cameras.

The magnifier is actually very useful to ensure you've accurately focussed on the ground glass screen. As CT says it just clicks out of the way if you push it down & there's a little slider on top of the finder to swing it back up again.

Oh, and watch out - the magnifier lens has a tendency to unscrew itself as you carry the Bronny about. I've had it fall out of the finder more than once & had to scrabble around on the deck looking for it.

You'll enjoy the camera, no doubt about that.

S

With the waist level finder closed, you feel like you need to use that knob to open it, when in fact you just lift it open, and slide it when its open, to pop the magnifier.
I was always sliding and lifting, which opened everything and then gettin me flaps all outta sync folding it back.

And you just don't need, outta sync flaps....oh no !

:wacky:

Back