Brouhaha festival portraits

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few of mine from the parade yesterday - didn't stay all that long tbh as a friend was there & forced me to go for a drink with him :LOL:
The light was all over the show & there was such a riot of colour - some real characters there!!
Here are a few of the ones I've had time to sort through, more to follow soon.
C&C welcome & appreciated as usual (y)

Dancer_003.jpg

Dancer_004.jpg

Dancer_006.jpg

Drummer_001.jpg

Cheers for looking (y)

Something about #4 makes you want to smile back at him - full of life that one.

#2 would be my pick. think it is the light on the hair that does it.

very good mate
id love to have the confidence to shoot people like that

well done mike...

Love the colours in these shots. #4 is my fave - great eye contact and a lovely smiley face :)

I think #1 is my fave. There's something a little odd about 2. Its like too much fill-in light in PS. Not sure what it is, just seems a bit odd. You're really making me want that f/2.8 more and more :D

Thanks Mini (y)
Cheers Pete (y)
I agree over the 2nd image, it has weird noise issues - you have to nail the exposure with the 1D though as it does not like having to bring back exposures at all - there was actually no shadow/highlight used but it was me increasing the exposure slightly that did it :shrug:

Shots #1 #2 #4 for me Mike.

Shot #3 is good but doesnt "Pop" like the others.

Another great set..:)

#1 & #4 for me, Mike.

#1 How could I not be drawn to her!
Gorgeous colours, great comp - beautiful subject
Slight niggle with the earrings though, is it not possible to tone down the glare, they keep dragging my attention away from her beautiful face.

#4 fabulous natural smile, I love to see pictures of genuinely happy people, fab exposure too.

Looking forward to more! (y)

Back