Brownie No2 1920's

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
Hey peeps, i was at my grandads the other day and he was showing me through all his old camera gear and there was this awesome kodak brownie no2 from the 1920's, its in absolutly mint condition has 3 stop's and 1 speed, its a lovely old piece of kit and you can still get films for them, Anybody have any idea what there worth these days, not for selling reasons, just wondered what there worth????(y)

:agree: ... although you might get a bit more for a truly minty example... :shrug:

I picked up a Green example recently for 15 squids and it was in pretty good nick... :cautious:

I'd do as Eki suggests and give it a go... ;) ... what you got to lose... :D

:p

It's going to be a challenge metering with only 3 aperture options and one shutter speed. Good luck ;)

What's the speed and stop's ????

:LOL:

That's not quite how this one works... :D

Are you ready for this breakthrough technology, well it seemed to be at the time... :shrug:

Speed = Snapshot or Instantaneous and 'B' for timed shots using the A Slider

Stops = The Largest, The Middle & The Smallest - using the B Slider to place different sized holes over the 'lens'

Simples... :naughty:

I've got one of these, paid £3 for it in a charity shop, bit scruffy though, I havent taken any shots with it yet, think I might have a play soon :)

I've got one of these, paid £3 for it in a charity shop, bit scruffy though, I havent taken any shots with it yet, think I might have a play soon :)

And why not... :shrug:

If you do and you would like a basic instruction guide give me a shout... :D

And why not... :shrug:

If you do and you would like a basic instruction guide give me a shout... :D

Um, well, I've a, um, been busy with other projects and um............ OK, I've been a total slacker!

A hint guide would be nice (y)

You're more than :welcome: BOM... :D ... looking forward to seeing the results some time soon though... :naughty:

Just been browsing for film on Jessops website, might go get some lunctime. I've also got this Agfa Billy lookylike that also takes 120 film so will play with them both :)

I think I may cheat though and use my 20d for spot metering :D

I think I may cheat though and use my 20d for spot metering :D

Not sure how that will help with the Large, Middle and Small options... :shrug:

But I will be very interested to hear your experiences... ;) ...before I plump up the courage of my convictions... :LOL:

Instructions for use on a box brownie. Load film, wind on film, point camera at your subject, depress shutter release, rinse and repeat. They really don't come much more basic than a box brownie.

Instructions for use on a box brownie. Load film, wind on film, point camera at your subject, depress shutter release, rinse and repeat. They really don't come much more basic than a box brownie.

Not strictly true on the later 'models' as they have a couple of sliders to play with to control 'settings'... ;) ...albeit pretty basic still... :D

I'm actually very excited now and want to get out and play, but I'm stuck at work twiddling my thumbs because the servers are down *Aaarrgghhhh*

The AGFA Billy thing will be a lot easier (In Theory) because you can set the Shutter speeds and Apertures manually.

I'm actually very excited now and want to get out and play, but I'm stuck at work twiddling my thumbs because the servers are down *Aaarrgghhhh*

The AGFA Billy thing will be a lot easier (In Theory) because you can set the Shutter speeds and Apertures manually.

Frustrating isn't it... :shrug:

But I think you're wrong... :thinking: ...the Brownie will be simpler... ;) ...

...as it has only got the 'Aperture' to adjust... manually... :D

Ah my very first camera was a Box Brownie.

thems were the days:)

Back