BSB Oulton Park Saturday

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, my first go at panning. Took about 400 pictures in all, and of them I'd say about 20% were half-decent, which I don't think is too bad. I think I got some good results with 1/125sec, and I think some are down at 1/100 :)
All of these are straight from the camera
_DSC05910386-01.jpg

_DSC05710369-01.jpg

_DSC05270341-01.jpg

_DSC05150330-01.jpg

_DSC03150202-01.jpg

_DSC01820150-01.jpg

_DSC01510120-01.jpg

_DSC01850153-01.jpg

_DSC05510355-02.jpg

Hi there.

Nice effort - I too reckon panning is really hard.

I like pics 6 & 7 the best (rider # 40 coming round the bend). The positioning of the rider in the frame is good creating a nice sense of movement.

I keep meaning to have a trip to Oulton to see whats going on, but have not got there yet!!!

Keep up the good work cheers.

Anth

Hi there.

Nice effort - I too reckon panning is really hard.

I like pics 6 & 7 the best (rider # 40 coming round the bend). The positioning of the rider in the frame is good creating a nice sense of movement.

I keep meaning to have a trip to Oulton to see whats going on, but have not got there yet!!!

Keep up the good work cheers.

Anth

It was my first time there with a camera and I was surprised how many good spots there were for picture taking - and I only hung round the pit-straight! Might not be so easy on a race day with a few more people though...

Yeah true.

Seen a few people posting shots from there on here - so imagine it probably does get quite busy.

I might have a look at their website/calendar to see what is up and coming. What sort of lens were you using today ?

Anth.

Hahaha - snap!

I have the Tamron equivalent - mate has the Sigma. Both D50 users !!!!

I recently bought a 2x teleconverter but have not used this as much as I'd like to. Should really try to get out in the week with it.

Anth.

Nice panning, but not quite sharp enough on the main subject for me I think, though the sense of movement is portrayed nicely. (y)
Favourites are #7 & #8 - nice composition. I reckon if you did a bit of PP and lightened and added a bit of saturation plus slight sharpen on those 2 they would be improved immensely (IMHO :shrug: ). :)

I see you have image editing ticked in your profile so I've had a quick go at those 2 pics - hope you don't mind...
bulb1a.jpg

bulb2a.jpg

I still havent managed to make them as sharp as I'd like but thats the limit of my PP'ing skill I'm afraid :(

You should be able to do a better job then me with the originals - esp if you shot them in RAW mode. :)

Thanks Rick, I just threw these pics up quickly last night after I got home from a weekend away. They were quickly converted using RawShooter with nothing other than sharpening applied. I was going to see what I could do with them tonight - you're effort certainly has improved them (y) And I agree about the sharpness - I can't tell whether its the slow shutter or a bit of a soft lens :thinking:

As for the composition - FAR more luck than management :D although to be fair to myself I was trying to give them space to move into ;)

ETA: Interestingly, these already had a touch of +EC

You needed a slightly faster shutter to get the whole bike sharpe there. nice efforts.

A couple decent shots in that lot mate. the 70-200 f2.8 is a corker invho got very good results with my canon one even with the 1.4 and 2x TC stacked together.

Hoping to get through them tomorrow, to tired to edit them them tonight,

you deffo want higher shutters for head on shots, slower shutters are great from a side on prospective, i used mainly 250-300 for the head on stuff.

Back