BSB Thruxton Saturday

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
Never been to Thruxton before... and I don't think I will bother again!

Apart from really nasty cold wet weather, the track is a little dull - I thought the days of airfield perimeter track racing were over in about 1950 something??

Oh well, here are a couple of pics from me - nothing too clever as the conditions weren't much fun:

2426321506_66bf0fd959.jpg

2426320814_b27bf61710.jpg

2425504765_43ddb6aba0.jpg

More on my Flickr

Never been to Thruxton, not recommended then? First shot is good with 3 bikes in the frame, and you have definately captured the idea of 'airfield perimeter' well ;)

The composition on #1 is really good. Not sure if I'm going to post any pics from yesterday, they are all a little dull and grey.

With regards to Thruxton, I found it a little frustrating that you can only see about 1/3 of the circuit which makes finding good spots quite limiting. That said, if the weather had been better, it would have made a huge difference. I think I'll go back again, but only if it's to see something I can't see at a better track like Brands.

Yeah I thought twice about if it was worth posting, but in the end thought "what the hell" as I had paid for the ticket and the flippin desiel to get there!

BTW for everyone except Gribbsy (who was standing next to me...) #1 is actually through a catch fence! Credit to him though - he worked out it was workable!

Not like Brands then, bet you can't wait for the re-run.

Hope your well mate, just got back from SA so pretty knackered.

Iain

No you don't wish you had made it - it was bloody grim!

Iain - hope the weather was better in Sef Afreeka :D

Great shots. Very clear and am very impressed with no. 1.
Really makes the leader stand out with the trailing bikes out of focus.
I like thruxton alot, but I do agree that the whole right hand and rear section being out of bounds is a bummer, but also, they are the least interesting places any way.
The best spots are the chicane and the complex for viewing.

I should think maybe that chicane bit just before the pit straight is interesting on the first lap, but the rest of the circuit is a bit dull really.

A lot of circuits started life as perimeter tracks of abandoned WW2 airfields, but most have evolved far beyond Thruxton. Really not impressed!

This year we are trying to tour the UK circuits, so expect more damning comments to come :D

I should think maybe that chicane bit just before the pit straight is interesting on the first lap, but the rest of the circuit is a bit dull really.

A lot of circuits started life as perimeter tracks of abandoned WW2 airfields, but most have evolved far beyond Thruxton. Really not impressed!

This year we are trying to tour the UK circuits, so expect more damning comments to come :D

The chicane holds most of the best action.. usually alot of crashes there, as with the comlex..
I can't see why it being an old airfield really differs from other tracks?
Isnt it the shape of the track and the size of the fences?
Over at the complex you are very close to the fence with only a 4 ft fence in the way.

I suppose there are two sides to my interest in racing... the photography and the actual racing itself... for bikes for me it really wants to be a tight twisty circuit with some ups and downs - see the kinda purpose built things the Spanish have done.

Its a shame we will never get a Jerez or Valencia in this country :(

Back