Beginner BTCC at Silverstone

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

I'm at Silverstone for the British Touring Cars this weekend, as always brought my camera along to try and improve. I feel like I'm getting slightly better but it's nowhere near perfect. Fog this morning made some of the shots interesting and I was experimenting with higher aperture and slower shutter speeds to try and create background blur (something I've learned off of a few people on here). I'm still a complete newbie to photography so if there is any advice/tips you can give me I'm always grateful.

IMG_6199
by Ryan Smith, on Flickr

IMG_6370
by Ryan Smith, on Flickr

IMG_6479
by Ryan Smith, on Flickr

IMG_6489
by Ryan Smith, on Flickr

IMG_6563
by Ryan Smith, on Flickr

IMG_7166
by Ryan Smith, on Flickr

IMG_7391
by Ryan Smith, on Flickr

Those arent too shabby Ryan. Plato and Porsche shots are stand out for me. Couple of things to think about for future practice: 1) When shooting through fencing try and get as close as possible to try and minimise its impact on your image, 2) composition- try and have more space in front of the car than behind it.

Those arent too shabby Ryan. Plato and Porsche shots are stand out for me. Couple of things to think about for future practice: 1) When shooting through fencing try and get as close as possible to try and minimise its impact on your image, 2) composition- try and have more space in front of the car than behind it.

Yeah the catch fencing is always my enemy when I go to Silverstone. There would be so many more photo spots if they lowered the fence by half a foot. Panning is one of my weak areas, I almost always tend to get either the front end of the car or the rear end, very rarely do I get the perfect shot - probably need more practice.

Back