BTCC at Thruxton

Edit My Images
Yes
After my more than perthectic attempt at Brands Hatch I'm trying to find a new or different style and tried out a lens that I don't use very often due to it weighting a naffing ton and that now my arms feel like they want to fall off!!!! Not so much in these below but some off the others I've kinda thrown the rule on the floor and stamped on it :eek:

BTCC-Thruxton_0001_160k.jpg

BTCC-Thruxton_0004_160k.jpg

BTCC-Thruxton_0005_160k.jpg

BTCC-Thruxton_0007_160k.jpg

BTCC-Thruxton_0009_160k.jpg

BTCC-Thruxton_0012_160k.jpg

More can be found over at my area on pbase
http://www.pbase.com/davey_uk/btcc_at_thruxton_2007

As always your C & C's are most warmly welcomed
Ta muchly for looking (y)

I'm not sure the focus point is quite right on these Davey, it looks like it's towards the backs of the cars rather than the nose. Which lens were you using?

Agree with Dod above re the focus point. The 1st shot (orange porsche) I really like, just that the drivers's side headlight looks to be in focus, but the other side isn't (I know that side is bouncing over the curb, but if that was frozen it would be perfect IMO)
Rich :)

Dod,
I used my Sigma 80-400 without the O/S switched on. Mode was set to shutter priority with a shutter speed for all of these was set at 1/100th focal length was between 200-400mm. I do admit it was the first motorsport outing with this one. I spent most of the day getting used to swinging that weight around:LOL: I kind of wanted them slightly blured/off/soft focus to give a bit more of an impression of speed and movement :thinking: I'm trying something a little different a different angle, maybe stepping outside of the "normal shot" I know for some it's not the done thing, although I do agree I need a bit more practice:LOL: Hell so that means a few more outings to some motorsport I think I can put up with that :LOL: :LOL:

Ta muchly for the comment (y) (y)

not bad there dave
i agree with above .
mind you i had my 1st go yesterday and i know its not easy..

Back