BTCC Overload? (31/03/07)

Edit My Images
No
After a hard day in Wales shooting a club track day with Dave_G and a even harder night on the booze at the Red Lion, we set off for Qualifying Day at Brands for the BTCC with furry tongues and chugging down the Red Bull!

Overall I had a very enjoyable day (highlight being a superb breakfast at Hailwoods cafe!) also took some pics, so I thought I would get some them up for scrutinee.

Usual kit involved - 350D, 70-200F4, 100-300F4 + 1.4x TC

Let's start off with a fluke, I was meant to be doing some 3/4 shots of the cars coming up the hill into Druids, but noticed this Red Clio would flame out on overrun into the hairpin.. hence the high speed 1/250th sec pan!

IMG_7778sm-vi.jpg

And another, whilst doing some 1/100th sec pans going into Druids.. Mr. Bell decides to totally lock up.. hence the 3/4 shot at 1/100th and then the pan! lol

IMG_8207sm-vi.jpg

IMG_8209sm-vi.jpg

I liked this car, whistling DERV! Silent as you like..

IMG_7945sm-vi.jpg

Probably the only picture I got of Tim Harvey in his Porsche with someone behind him, he romped away from the rest of the field in his Carrera Cup race..

IMG_8381sm-vi.jpg

See!

IMG_8479sm-vi.jpg

Tom Chilton, gratuitous slow pan..

IMG_8162sm-vi.jpg

Jason Plato in the new SEAT Leon cocking a back wheel under braking into Druids

IMG_8228sm-vi.jpg

Some very nice shots, i see theres a few motorsport fans then.

Was a cracking weeked for it almost perfect light all weekend.

Excellent. Love the Clio, we were running that car. Good how you've caught the flames. Love the Vectra one :)

that clio must be one off theonly cars i have pics off this weekened.

shall keep an eye out for that next time out.

Excellent. Love the Clio, we were running that car. Good how you've caught the flames. Love the Vectra one :)

Clio is my pick of them all too, total fluke.. but then, when aren't they? lol

Clio series really impressed me, the cars were impeccably well prepared and HOW many of them? lol.. looked like the M25 on a bad day the first time they came around Paddock Hill (when they managed to at the 2nd attempt).

You were running that car? How cool! :D

have you been taking lessons from dave or the other way around?
you both have a very similar stylee

Dave is my mentor, he's taugh me pretty much everything I know.

It's also ALL his fault that I have spunked the best part of £2700 on kit too! lol

To be fair, I fell into motorsport photography because I was really impressed with Dave's results when we would go to events together.. if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! :D

Those are great love them (y)

Clio is my pick of them all too, total fluke.. but then, when aren't they? lol

Clio series really impressed me, the cars were impeccably well prepared and HOW many of them? lol.. looked like the M25 on a bad day the first time they came around Paddock Hill (when they managed to at the 2nd attempt).

You were running that car? How cool! :D

Think there are 43 registered for the series. So, they have to have qualification races.

Back