BTRDA Cambrian Rally 2007

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, hope you are all well.

Got some piccies for you...went to the Cambrian Rally yesterday which is part of the BTRDA Rally Series and it was held in the Welsh Forests of Penmachno & Clocaenog. I attended the Clocaenog stage 4, and have the following pics for you.

Hope you like :cool:

All images can be seen here: http://www.djaphoto.co.uk/zenphoto/BTRDA Cambrian Rally 2007/

Cosworth Pug
DSC_5222-01.jpg

Nice Evo
DSC_5234-01.jpg

Oh yes :top:
DSC_5209-01.jpg

Cossie
DSC_5243-01.jpg

Hire it
DSC_5242-01.jpg

Opel Cadette?
DSC_5285-01.jpg

One of my fav's :D
DSC_5308-01.jpg

Note the rear tyre...
DSC_5310-01.jpg

Sideways
DSC_5282-01.jpg

All taken with a Nikon D50, Sigma 70-300mm APO DG, shot in RAW and edited in Photoshop

Cheers Ross ;)

The Sigma apparently gets slightly sharper images to that of the Nikon 70-300mm, and that's why I opted for that when looking for a telephoto.

But the settings I used were Shutter priority, ISO 400 (800 towards the very end), Shutter speed was 1/250s, but I was overexposing the images by between +0.7 to +4 in some cases, but shot in RAW so as to gain access to the image afterwards for processing.

It was a big experiment becasue I have only shot Rally twice, and the first was a disaster, so I'm still learning the tricks of it but feel that my settings allowed me to get a good handfull of decent keepers :)

Dan

Cheers Ross ;)

The Sigma apparently gets slightly sharper images to that of the Nikon 70-300mm, and that's why I opted for that when looking for a telephoto.

But the settings I used were Shutter priority, ISO 400 (800 towards the very end), Shutter speed was 1/250s, but I was overexposing the images by between +0.7 to +4 in some cases, but shot in RAW so as to gain access to the image afterwards for processing.

It was a big experiment becasue I have only shot Rally twice, and the first was a disaster, so I'm still learning the tricks of it but feel that my settings allowed me to get a good handfull of decent keepers :)

Dan

Well I am very impressed with your pictures and you have certainly got the hang of taking pictures in difficult conditions.

Thanks for the settings, will try them on the RAC in 2 weeks time and I am starting to think about maybe getting the sigma lens.

No problem, and thanks for the compliments ;)

Where is the RAC Rally then? My Dad mentioned this but didn't know anything about it, we might like to pop along too?

Thanks

Glad you enjoyed the forests of North Wales. Some great photos from what looks like clocaenog. gonna check out some of your other shots now .... Thanks

Back