Drops are for wimps, the surface of a bubble is where it's at :p

4103213723_7c38e3469c.jpg

Bigger version

4103214149_8e8980a1ed.jpg

Bigger version

4103976444_9d8681b268.jpg

Bigger version

Best wishes

PS. I know the DOF is VERY shallow but it's all to do with angles and things...

Carl

very impressive (y)

Very nice abstract quality.

Presumably if you keep the lens at 90 degrees to the surface you make the most of the DOF, but is the colour from a background or PP?

Psychedelic-tastic! (y)

To put these into perspective, have you got any that are less close-up?

those are gorgeous, i'd have happily number 1 on my wall! same question as comfortably numb though, is the colour background or PP?

No PP involved, the colours are all "real" as shot, I've had to do a bit of contrast and levels tweak but nowt else :eek: The lens has to be around 45 degrees from the bubbles surface to make the most of the refracted light, parallel to the surface it's almost transparent, then as a catch 22 the surface of a bubble changes and moves with astonishing speed meaning you need as much light as possible and a large(ish) aperture to keep shutter speeds high = minimal DOF, it's a nightmare!!

Best wishes

Carl

just tried this i think my bubbles were to small! lol how the bleep did you do this?!

Last edited:
just tried this i think my bubbles were to small! lol how the bleep did you do this?!

Okay, a little secret just for you:

I used a "frame" made out of garden tie wrap, it's a square about 2in per side that you can dip in bubble solution.

The bubble solution is 1/3 glycerine, 1/3 Fairy Liquid and 1/3 water.

Carl

Okay, a little secret just for you:

I used a "frame" made out of garden tie wrap, it's a square about 2in per side that you can dip in bubble solution.

The bubble solution is 1/3 glycerine, 1/3 Fairy Liquid and 1/3 water.

Carl

and heres me with asdas own fairy in a glass! lol how wrong...how wrong lol

I like doing these although I haven't done any in quite a while, I just made the film with my thumb and forefinger.

Beautiful colours, excellent work (y)

Back