Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to catch my first bubbling fly today, any one for tea?? :D

p628561083-4.jpg

Slight crop
p956454871-4.jpg

Thats a brilliant shot Carl. Disgusting but brilliant. :puke:

Flies are horrid close up alone, never mind one on wrigleys.

Try a smaller aperture f8 is giving a very narrow DOF, f14 -f16 and you probably would get the eye and bubble in focus.

Cheers Paul, still trying to master the beast and working out which settings work best on the "fly"... :LOL:

Check my fly Carl (afew threads down). I shot my fly at F:11. Most of my outdoor insect shots have been between f:11 and f:14.

Hmmm, the mpe-65 is intriguing...... I've been shooting at relatively "wide" apertures as according to the manual and various sources on t'interweb the mpe-65 has an effective aperture of ((aperture x magnification) + aperture)... So for f8 at 5x mag that equates to a whopping f48 so I've been shooting at around f7.1 / f8 at 4x mag and as low as f4.5 at x5 as this seems to give the sharpest results BUT with the resultant narrow DOF.... I've just shot some flies at x4 mag and f14 an lo and behold they are as soft as anything as diffraction seems to have kicked in... hmmmmm

Hmmm, the mpe-65 is intriguing...... I've been shooting at relatively "wide" apertures as according to the manual and various sources on t'interweb the mpe-65 has an effective aperture of ((aperture x magnification) + aperture)... So for f8 at 5x mag that equates to a whopping f48 so I've been shooting at around f7.1 / f8 at 4x mag and as low as f4.5 at x5 as this seems to give the sharpest results BUT with the resultant narrow DOF.... I've just shot some flies at x4 mag and f14 an lo and behold they are as soft as anything as diffraction seems to have kicked in... hmmmmm

Its a bit of a compromise trying to get a usable shot with the main subject of your image in focus.

This is f14

how dose it compare ?

Hmmm :thinking: Here's some info from over on POTN that I based my aperture settings on Click Here, they agree with my findings but not yours... how odd? Maybe theres some variation in mpe-65's ???

Hmmm :thinking: Here's some info from over on POTN that I based my aperture settings on Click Here, they agree with my findings but not yours... how odd? Maybe theres some variation in mpe-65's ???

Carl i agree there is a drop of as you go higher but nowhere as noticable as what your getting there, something is definately wrong.

Back