Budding New Photographer

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

My names Nick and I would like to say a great big hello to all the users and moderators etc of Talk Photograhy.

At the moment I am a keen amateur photographer but looking to break in to the professional scene and I hope to meet lots of like minded people who have a passion whether it be in front of or behind the camera and who love to share their knowledge. I am also looking for any photographer who would be willing to take me under their wing and show me the ropes and the etiquette of working with models etc.

Hope to chat soon

Regards

Nick

:welcome: and hulloo.

There are a few peeps here who do model shoots. Just keep yr eyes open

Hello and :welcome: to TP Forums Nick ... enjoy (y)

Models eh ... :thinking: ... Arkady would be a great mentor ... or is that dementor ... :naughty: ... shame he is off to BAOR though ... :shrug:

:p

Thanks guys, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

welcome

I can squeeze you under a wing anytime Glo... not so sure about Nick. :D

Welcome aboard Nick! :wave:

He! he! ... dont go making statements like that if you dont mean it CT!

So .... when we doing a wedding then? :puke: :LOL:

Fix it up and I'll come and ride shotgun for you Glo, but as for me doing another one - I'd rather stick pins in my eyes. :D

Howdy from the other side of the pond.

I'm a professional photographer and spend a lot of time teaching independent workshops. I'm afraid I'm already mentoring a dozen students, but I'd be happy to critique or answer questions as often as I can. Door's always open.

- CJ

:wave: :canon:

Hello and welcome Nick. I wouldn't mind doing a bit of shadowing on a portrait or wedding. A lot of what I have achieved is through trial and error - well mainly error. I could do with someone showing me how to do it correctly. If anyone is willing to let me tag along, please let me know. Sorry Nick, If I have hijacked your thread. I am not interested in Model or Glamour photography anyway so I hope you find someone to help you. Gillian

(y) welcome (y)

Thanks for all your warm welcomes,

CT I'm only 6' 4" surely I can squeeze under the other one? :)

cjnicolai, many thanks for that I will try not to bombard you with too many questions.

Gilly B, no probs about hijacking the thread, good luck with the shadowing, let me know how you get on.

I can see that this is going to be a great place to be, and with people like you guys a whole lot of fun, I look forward to spending many, many moons here.

Thanks

Nick

PS still looking for that wing :)

I’m mainly looking for the opportunity to build up my confidence with working with people etc so anyone got any useful tips and or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick, I dont know how much experience you actually have. Personally I have very little.
Ive been on a few professional shoots for mags but as the hand model, so not really had the chance to hassle the photographers ;)
When you say youre looking for experience of working with people, do you mean the public or other professionals ie. photographers, models MUA's?

:welcome:

Hello and Welcome :wave:

Nick, I dont know how much experience you actually have. Personally I have very little.
Ive been on a few professional shoots for mags but as the hand model, so not really had the chance to hassle the photographers ;)
When you say youre looking for experience of working with people, do you mean the public or other professionals ie. photographers, models MUA's?

Hi InaGlo,

At the moment I have only done pictures for friends and families the odd wedding etc, not done anything else really, so I guess I was looking for a twofold thing, it would be nice to accompany a pro photographer just to see how they handle people, and also to photograph models as this will help build confidence and also help to make me feel more at ease with people, I think in the end I will have to do what a lot of people have suggested and just jump straight in, just thought it would be nice to learn a bit more first.

Regards Nick

Back