Budget action cameras

Name
Eloise
Edit My Images
Yes
I’ve got a Garmin Virb XE - a few years old but takes pretty good 1080p footage for the amount I use it.

I’m going on a track day later in the month, and was considering buying a second (possibly third) budget - under £50 - camera to add some additional perspectives. Does anyone have any experience with such action cameras - possibly even something as cheap as this — https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...&pf_rd_p=e632fea2-678f-4848-9a97-bcecda59cb4e

does anyone have any experience - not looking for professional quality just some fun.

I've got a couple of cheapies that came from 7dayshop's clearance section a year or 2 ago. I use them for underwater video, time lapse and videos of bike rides (motorbike, sometimes in time lapse mode, 1 fps.) Ideal for what you need and cheap enough not to worry about. For a track day, I'd use some gaffer tape as well as any mount, in fact the track/organisers might insist on it.

ETA... The one you've linked to looks very similar to wine and is even cheaper, although mine came with a few more mount types.

Last edited:
Back