Bug (1)

Name
George.
Edit My Images
No
I've no idea what it is but it crawled out of some loose bark on an old cut down conifer tree so I enticed it onto a table mat to get this shot.

Nikon D800, 120mm Schneider Makro Symmar HM lens (mounted via my own homemade adapter), 100-ISO, 1/250th @ F16, Modified Ring Flash.

This is just a try out shot with this lens, it's one I use on my 5x4 cameras and will actually cover 10x8 format if pushed (without any correcting movements) ie tilt & swing etc.

The adapter/telescopic tubes that I have made at the moment only enable me to get from about 10-feet down to about x4 mag but as soon as I get the time to machine something else up I intend to make another one that will enable me to focus I hoping from Infinity down to about x8 - x10 mag using different combinations of lens that I have kicking around.

Bug (1)-81433 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking,.

George.

Stunning image quality! Obviously helped by the lens you are using.

Last edited:
Could be a Pea Weevil. Decent effort tho I'm not keen on the red of the table mat but a nicely detailed shot.

Stunning quality! Obviously helped by the lens you are using.

Many thanks Robin, I appreciate your comments very much.(y)

I'm just playing around with combinations at the moment and trying to knock up one or two bits & bobs so I can use various things I already have. The hardest thing is trying to machine the various adapters accurately to make these large format lenses fit an SLR camera.

George.

Could be a Pea Weevil. Decent effort tho I'm not keen on the red of the table mat but a nicely detailed shot.

Thanks for that Brash, I really appreciate your comments.(y)

I too am not keen on the background, the actual red is a bit of material (not the table cloth) that the mat was on. It just crawled to the edge of the mat as I took the shot.

George.

Weevil I reckon Gerorge, nice shot! I'm just about to post one I found last night that I managed to go a stack of.

Many thanks Neil, I really appreciate your comments.(y)

I can't compete on the stacking as I'm not into it yet.

George.

I'd love to see the results from x8 or x10 - wow, cool shot george, love seeing your work and I guess with spring almost full in swing, we're going to be seeing a lot of quality stuff from you with your kit (y)

I'd love to see the results from x8 or x10 - wow, cool shot george, love seeing your work and I guess with spring almost full in swing, we're going to be seeing a lot of quality stuff from you with your kit (y)

Thanks for that Carl, really appreciate your comments.(y)

I'll certainly try and get a few shots posted but It's not a good idea to be holding your breath for good quality. Unfortunately I just don't have much spare time as we speak. We're pretty damned busy here in TN at the moment what with the cotton beginning to show headway and I know my work load back in the UK is mounting up. Should be back on Wednesday so hopefully be able to get cracking on some stuff.

George.

Back