Bug in the night

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
playing about tonight, and took this,

long exposure on a motorway bridge, first time i have played with painting light.
any tips to make it better next time would be great..

DSC_3719small.jpg

cheers

the cars too dark. Needed about another stop of flash by the looks of it.

the cars too dark. Needed about another stop of flash by the looks of it.

And then some.

Looks like you stood just right of camera and shone your torch a little bit on the front of the car. Best bet is to stand way past the car and shine all over the car as you walk alongside the car, round the back of the camera and in towards the bridge to light the front of the car too.

Sky shows the dregs of a decent sunset, try a few minutes earlier next time for a little bit more balance across the frame. Traffic trails look pretty good.

Thanks for you input guys very much appreciated, I used my flash gun to lite the car ,and was disappointed about the light levels myself .I'll go back and try another time with a torch , thanks again

Thanks for you input guys very much appreciated, I used my flash gun to lite the car ,and was disappointed about the light levels myself .I'll go back and try another time with a torch , thanks again

What power was the flashgun set to? Try 1/2power (y), Several flashes around the car will do nicely.

Back