Bug on a rose.

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
I was out in the garden looking for a flower to photograph . I chose this rose but remembering to tidy it up first I went to remove a bit of green leaf. It was then that I realized that the green leaf was this nice little bug enjoying his dinner. It was a very windy day so unfortunately I could not get the focus sharp on his eyes as the rose kept moving in the wind. I wasn't sure whether to clone out the blue thing at the left but thought it added a nice bit of colour. What do you think?

bug on rose. by hillwalkinggirl, on Flickr

It's a female speckled bush cricket! Pull back on the saturation though :)

It's a lovely colourful image and I think you've done well considering the wind, I agree with Chris re oversats, for me I would clone out the little dot but I,m a bit OCDish about these things and it doesn't detract me from the nice image.

Had one of these in the green house a few weeks ago, wondered what it was, mine had all its legs though, seems yours has lost one of its rear legs :(.

Nice pic and the second edit is certainly easier on the eyes (y)

Good effort, wonderful colour combination, maybe slightly oversaturated. Pity you didn't nail the eyes, did you take more shots? Perhaps lowering the camera to be level with the insect?

Had one of these in the green house a few weeks ago, wondered what it was, mine had all its legs though, seems yours has lost one of its rear legs :(.
Nice pic and the second edit is certainly easier on the eyes (y)
Probably lost it when I thought it was a leaf and tidied it up.:bang::LOL:

Good effort, wonderful colour combination, maybe slightly oversaturated. Pity you didn't nail the eyes, did you take more shots? Perhaps lowering the camera to be level with the insect?
No unfortunately it pelted down with rain and I didn't want to get my camera wet.

The edit is much better great work.

Thank you Mac, Igadiz and Adam for your comments.

Back