Built a car rig

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
After a bit of messing about, I built a car rig to the underside of my car.

a471916a.jpg

0056c0a6.jpg

28ee8df5.jpg

0df9c8e0.jpg

Then I broke it!

Mk2 will be sooo much better and more stable :)

Awesome, one assumes that you have cloned it out of the images. Any chance of a set-up pic?

Kimmett

You can't get away with telling us something like that and not showing the contraption itself :)

Oops, I forgot to take a pic of it on the car, here is a crop of the bit needing editing out.

07f584ff.jpg

And this is the only shot I have of what it looks like, this was taken mid build so bear that in mind, imagine it with Air filled tyred castors on, and attached under the car.

f125d7e4.jpg

Oh and the pic does not do the length justice, its about 15foot long.

And you are driving around with something expensive on top of that :ponders:

:eek2:

:D Cool! :)

Did you have to edit those shots, besides removing the bit of the rig sticking out from the car? I mean, is the background blur real?

Great pics!!

Am looking to do somehting similar!!

Have you thought about attachng it via the jacking points thus making it universal to any car?!?

Hi there PC,welcome to TPF, I did think of it, but could not see any obvious points to hold it, what do you have in mind ?

I also broke this one, so when I get round to it, I'll be building another involving an Aly, or Carbon Fibre arm which does not need the wheels, one thing I dont want to do is use suction mounts on the bodywork, as some of the cars I'll be working on a rather pricey. I dont want to risk damaging them and also I want to get as much as i can done right in camera, I'm not keen on photoshopping large area's.

I'm interested to hear whatever you may have in mind, and how for along you are in your planning ?

Cheers

Kris

I'm still convinced this all done in PS and you are secretly having a big giggle at our expense. ;)

I may be wrong though, and if so, level vibes, 'nuff repect!

Back