Bushy Park

Hi Carl,
Not been to Bushy but keep an eye on the meeting place threads. There's normally a Richmond or Bushy meet for the deer rut around the next few weeks. If nobody else suggest it I might organise one :)

Yes - an early start is much advised. An over night mist with a clear following day is probably best to get the atmospheric shots. Think the sun rises just before/after 7 at the start of October.

Bushy Park has about 300 deer, and Richmond about 600, but Richmond is much larger and finding the deer can be a bit of a trek in RP. As John B says just follow the sound of the stags. In terms of landscape both have a mix of woodland and open space (and yes some of it is covered with ferns); Bushy Park is flat, whilst Richmond Park is more hilly.

All of the deer photos in my Flickr were taken in Bushy.

Note that access to Richmond and Bushy is restricted during the annual deer cull. So September and November for Bushy, and November and March for Richmond.

Only talking about which weekend to head to Richmond park at work today. I usually go about the 2nd week of October when the weather has usually started to turn and get colder.

Di

I'm on leave next week, so may get to Bushy for an early start one morning.

I'm on leave next week, so may get to Bushy for an early start one morning.
Don't forget to let us know what it was like. I prefer Richmond Park, but the deer are easier to find in Bushy Park. Not too sure when to go myself.

From the photos I've seen on here the wildlife seems to come to you!
Cheers.

I've not been to Richmond so can't comment but at Bushey Park the locals do take an interest in Visitors :D

watcher.jpg

Back