Bust-up with the boss?

Edit My Images
No
Anyone seen this before, this could be very misused if anyone fell out with the boss or manager.

Workers accused of theft or damage could soon find themselves blacklisted on a register to be shared among employers. It will be good for profits but campaigners say innocent people could find it impossible to get another job.

To critics it sounds like a scenario from some Orwellian nightmare.

An online database of workers accused of theft and dishonesty, regardless of whether they have been convicted of any crime, which bosses can access when vetting potential employees.

But this is no dystopian fantasy. Later this month, the National Staff Dismissal Register (NSDR) is expected to go live.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7389547.stm

Nothing to hide here, but that is just wrong I think.

When I was a kid, I was sacked from a fruit and veg shop for 'stealing the keys'. However a week later, they called up and said I could have my job back as it turned out that the bin man had taken them in error. no apology. Never went back....time was on my side given that I was only 13 !!!!! LOL :)

A guy in my work has recently been sacked for misuse of his discount card, doing refunds on his own operater number, doing refunds and not using his discount card even tho he used it to buy the product so hes making a profit and also caught doing fraudulent refunds by lifting a cd out of the drawer (which he never owned in the first place) and refunding it and taking the money and putting the cd back.

I hope he never gets another job because the damage he has done in my work is awful, the money side is now a 4 figure sum he owes and even the staff dont know who they can trust now. horrible feeling so the book would be good to keep people like him from getting another job.

Last edited:
Granted. what he did is inexcusible (sp?). But, there are people out there that will get caught up in this sort of idea who have not done anything wrong. For those that are convicted of theft, fraud etc, I think it should stay on their criminal record for far longer than it does. Solving both problems.

I'm guessing that under the freedom of information act anyone could ask for their records, as held on this database, and then sue for lost earnings etc in the event of incorrect data.

I'm all for having records on those with convictions but to record suspicions or at best non prosecuted activities is not good practice. Now can anyone tell me why convictions are considered "spent" and removed from your record after a certain time but DNA samples taken at arrest are kept for 100 years? (as an ex-partners child found out to her cost when arrested for criminal damage, aged 12).

Does this mean in the future (when we all get DNA sampled at birth) it will be "safe" to go criminal aged 101? ;)

Back