busy compositions

Edit My Images
Yes
this is a picture i took of kid number 2 the other day with a view to the competition. i didnt use it in the end for a number of reasons one of which being that i had the ISO set on 1600 :bang:.
other reasons were that it goes against all the rules of being on a level with the kid and the rule of thirds etc etc. but... i really like it. i like pictures that are busy with content and texture and stuff like that. i am also a sucker for square format (i know its not square) and black and white. does this make me a sad git or is it just something you get over? i'd love some c and c on this image.
today_086.jpg

Personally, I think its waaaaay too busy. The carpet, the rug, the box of toys (?), the throw on the armchair, the plant... its making my eyes hurt, sorry :(

Try it again, but get down to his level, and make the surroundings cleaner/whiter etc :)

Or just bung him on the garden in the sunshine :D

ha ha ha so you dont like it then. :LOL:

thanks for telling it like it is. i really need it. :)

No sorry, I didnt mean it like that :D

Ive said this to someone before, you have to tell it like it is. My first shots on here were, in my opinion, perfect. I saw nothing wrong with them, but they were ripped to bits, and thats fine, Ive learned my lessons well ;)

I like it. Sure it's busy, but it shows the kid in his natural surroundings, and it's a bit daft to compare it to a set up or posed shot.

It doesn't matter how many accepted rules it breaks if you like it. ;)

If betty gets to picking you f.box, just ask her about the line. :LOL:

I have to agree with her though. :)

its ok honest i am not offended. i meant what i said about needing honest crit. i totally relate to what you say about thinking everything you (me/we) do is great. its even harder to self crit when its pictures of your own kids cos obviously they are perfect too!!
i take everything you said in the spririt it was intended. :)

Damn I hate being so agreeable but I do agree with CT too. Breaking rules is great and showing him amid the busyness can be great but I feel he needs to own the frame. Cropping in tighter is one way to still show all the stuff that's around him but let him take charge of the image at the same time.

today_0861.jpg

.... hey betty.....
smiley_animated_biggrin.gif

Ok ok, Ill agree, thats a better shot :)

Watch your back dazza ;) :D

Back