But can you spot the scam.

You mean apart from the fact that it's a hijacked account? As is the one "buyer" account by the looks of it :LOL:

The clue is the one person who has bought this item.

Not sure?

I did spot that the item is apparently both in China and the UK??
One part mentions 6MP another 21MP?
I would also be concerned about why someone that has only ever sold clothes has suddenly managed to get hold of 5 cameras at around £3k each??

Other than that no idea? But as I am not techie minded I may be missing something in the specs that gives it away.

The clue is the one person who has bought this item.

That they haven't bought anything since 2006 and then suddenly paid over £3k for a camera?

Look carefully at the time it was bought, and the time feedback was received.

Where do you find what time it was bought? I am guessing it isn;t long enough to receive it!

Well i've reported it before anyone gets fleeced, if its legit fleebay can sort it.

I hope someone would do the same for me oneday !

On the main listing. Click on purchases. This gives you the time and date.

Ahh didn't realise that bit was there. That deliverys impressive!! Sneaky *******

It might be an innocent stupid idea just to give people more confidence to buy and it might not be a scam, BUT still wouldn't touch it as my other question comes into play:

Someone who has only ever bought and sold 2nd hand clothes suddently get 5 x £3k cameras?? It's most likely not her selling it and has been hijacked. The seller who left feedback as most likely been hijacked too as he hasn;t used ebay since 2006.

I work in fraud prevention and nothing surprises me anymore :(

Hi FITP how do you tell its hijacked I never bought anything off EBay and just wondering

I would tell because the buyer has not used his account since 2006 and then pays £3k for a camera.
The seller has only ever sold clothes so it is out of character to suddenly sell a bulk order of £3k cameras. Even if they only sell one they make a £3k profit.

Ahh didn't realise that bit was there. That deliverys impressive!! Sneaky *******

It might be an innocent stupid idea just to give people more confidence to buy and it might not be a scam, BUT still wouldn't touch it as my other question comes into play:

Someone who has only ever bought and sold 2nd hand clothes suddently get 5 x £3k cameras?? It's most likely not her selling it and has been hijacked. The seller who left feedback as most likely been hijacked too as he hasn;t used ebay since 2006.

I work in fraud prevention and nothing surprises me anymore :(
To me it looks like the same computer was used for the listing, and for the feedback. eBay will be able to check this through his IP address

To me it looks like the same computer was used for the listing, and for the feedback. eBay will be able to check this through his IP address

I'm not a techie person so wouldn't know where to look to see that, though saying that it must be to be able to get such a short amount of time for the feedback.

Excellent service (y)
Better hurry there is only 5 left
:nono:

Only 4 left now. Nice to know that ebay reacted quickly to everyones reports before someone lost £3200!!! Mind you why would they? They still get the listing fee.

The account the listing fee is paid from will be bogus as well.

Back