Critique Butterflies and a Moth

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
#3 could be a meadow brown

#1 may be a moth of some sort.

Some really nice finds and shot.. WB is way off on #5/6 needs warming up massively.

#3 could be a meadow brown

#1 may be a moth of some sort.

Some really nice finds and shot.. WB is way off on #5/6 needs warming up massively.
I didn't realise my flash batteries died :banghead::facepalm: that's why they are off :mad:

First one looks like a yellow barred long horn moth.
Number three looks like a skipper, possibly a grizzled!
Number five has me stumped!

Last edited:
First one looks like a yellow barred long horn moth.
Number three looks like a skipper, possibly a grizzled!
Number five has me stumped!
Cheers John.
Yes very much like a grizzled skipper.
I've never heard of one called "has me stumped" :D
Thanks for your input (y)

Nice set of images Graham, other than the WB on the last two. #1 & #3 are the pick of the set for me.(y)

George.

Nice set of images Graham, other than the WB on the last two. #1 & #3 are the pick of the set for me.(y)

George.
Why thank you George :D

No.1 is beautiful (y)
Thank you icy, its very small, I think this one was a male as the antennae are up to 5 times the body length.

So many flutterbys there, not so many my way... :(

Paul.
Thats cos they all enjoying the sunshine here 1st Paul :cool: i`ll send some your way soon :D
Thanks for your comment Paul :)

Beautiful Graham agree with poacher on the I'D no 3 is a grizzled skipper not very common in the uk

Wow, the antennae nearly poked my eyes out! Thats one long set of feelers. Nice set again!
Beautiful Graham agree with poacher on the I'D no 3 is a grizzled skipper not very common in the uk
Thanks guys, all comments appreciated. Pete, as I am a bit further south than you I guess I'll get lots of different ones, watch this space. :D

Nice to get a clouded yellow - Colour looks a bit greeny blue to me in last too.

Agree it is a Grizzled skipper & most likely the Yellow Barred Longhorn moth. Definitely a type of longhorn but barring and head colour match the Yellow-barred.
Agreed on the longhorn too.
Last 2 are off colour, I didnt realise I had my w/b on incandescent for some strange reason.:banghead:
Thanks for your comments .

Back