buying advice please, trip to china!!

Name
Brad 'Electron-Don' Foster
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all, firstly hello from Kefalonia, on hols here with my girlfriend leah and visting my parents that live here, weather is good, wine is good having a lovely time.

now i brought all my gear with me, ive not really used it as much as i thought i would, which has got me thinking about what i really need to take when i go travelling.

so ive now, finally decided that im not taking all my gear away with me, ive got alot of stuff to carry and im going to be away for over 18 months.

right that out of the way ive been looking at what cameras would be suitable to take, firtly i was looking at some fuji bridge and the canon equivalent. but now im getting excited about the G10. and think this is the one i might go for.

now is it worth getting one here for £400 or waiting till i get to china to buy it, my first destination is Beijing.

has anyone done this before ? bought in asia, was it easy, cheaper, worth the hassle ?

also is there any bridge camera with IS that has f 2.0 or better

thanks all

brad

PS. Hows the weather in jolly old ?

You'd be better buying a suitcase full of fake Rolexes, but that would be illegal, so I wouldn't advise it :LOL:

lol ive jsut been reading around on a few travelling forums and it seems that its not any cheaper and alot more riskier

also is there any bridge camera with IS that has f 2.0 or better

The Panasonic Lumix LX3 has an f2/2.8 lens and supposedly decent IQ at higher ISO's than most compact jobbies.

Back