Buying help please

Edit My Images
Yes
Thinking of buying the sort list below

Canon 40D body only.
How good is the build in sensor cleaning?
What's the ISO range?
Is it worth stepping from the 30D or waiting for the 50D if it's on the cards?

Canon 28-300 L IS USM Lens
camera?Has anyone got this lens?
If so what do you think of it?
I haven't got that many Canon lenses as I tend to go for the Sigma range but I like the look of this lens as it has a large scope for range plus it would be my first L lens.
Or would I be off going for something else in the Canon L range, if that being the case which one and why?

I'm happy to invest the money but want to get the right options, thank you in advance for all advice.

How much do you really need the extra pixels and bigger screen/liveview of the 40d ?

For £350 to change (assuming you are selling the 30d) i think you'd be better putting that towards good glass.

never heard anything bout the 28-300 before, expensive bit of glass, seems you could get the 100-400L for considerably less, and the 100-400 is compatible with extenders(dpreview say the 28-300 isnt) then a canon 24-105L for about the same cost, then save up a bit longer and you can get a 5dmk11 as an upgrade to your current camera

A 50D will be about a year coming I reckon, if you want to upgrade I'd wait. Personally I can't see the value in upgrading to a 40D just now, not enough difference to warrant the price you'd have to pay.

Personaly I would not upgrade from the 30D to the 40D unless you have a need for one of the new features. I would invest the money in good lenses, sa to what to buy would bepend on what you want to shoot.

Back