buzzard (under attack)

Name
scott
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all these shots are not the best just out try to take pics of some swollows(didnt manage many weather was bad) and sore the buzzard getting a beat down they took him down these are very heavy crops.

SJB11317.jpg

SJB11311.jpg

Last edited:
See that happening around here almost daily. Good on you to have a go at capturing it.

Jackdaws,crows and rooks mob birds of prey on a regular basis.I have a pic somewhere of a buzzard with about 30 crows annoying it,got one of a sparrowhawk being bullied by jacks as well.

It's amazing how many birds attack/mob birds of prey, I've seen it happen quite a few times, I often wonder why the Buzzard or whatever is being mobbed doesn't beat the ***** out of the offending bird :) they just don't seem to bother and fly off.......................................

Fascinating stuff :)! That second pic isn't half bad, either - the pose tells the whole story! Up-ended by a couple of thugs :D, so much for all that fine plumage and those scary talons.

I've also noticed recently that buzzards (in particular) are a bit 'soft' :|. Crows regularly intimidate them here too, but they also seem to be afraid of squirrels, wood pigeons (if in 'gangs' of two) and even photographers :shake:!

Crows are great ;)!

Saw two seagulls mugging a sea eagle at the safari park last weekend. The eagle has an eight foot wing span. The seagulls didn't seem to bother him too much though, as he just went about his business.

Back