Bye bye my baby!

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Sold today.

My brother and I are in business together and work rather hard and sometimes we do not get the real benefits of running our own business(es). However in December 2004 we bought this:

IMG_3741.jpg

We had some great times in it. We drove it to various places throughout Scotland and tested the brakes on more than one occasion. We got a taste for track days and attended a few at Oulton Park, Knockhill and Anglesey.
If you have never driven a track day DO IT. Your driving ability will improve and your tendency to be cool in a difficult driving situation will increase.

I have spun this car at over 100mph and had other "moments" which make my pulse race just thinking of them.

We took it to Oulton Park a few weeks back and I broke the gearstick looking for 3rd on Old Hall corner (My brother always said I was the aggressive one :)). It was, amazingly, replaced FOC by Lotus but we sold it while it was in the garage being repaired.

A sad day as this car was the ultimate boy's toy that we had always dreamed of owning. We have introduced a few people to cars and racing and they curse us as they have the bug and spend all available cash on their machines :LOL:

We are both grateful to have had the opportunity to own such a machine however we are both wondering what on earth we will decide to co-own in the name of, er, em, boys and their toys! :shrug:
:LOL:

simply :nuts:

bye bye baby indeed

Just sell a few of your private registrations and buy a Ferrari!!

Just give me a shot when you do.

Lovely. Just lovely.

Just sell a few of your private registrations and buy a Ferrari!!

Just give me a shot when you do.

I don't have any AL numbers at the moment but will look out for you :p

Funny that. Ferraris were the only thing that were faster than the Lotus (unless a pro driver had something half decent on track).

2:02 was my best average and 1:59 my best ever at Oulton. Ferrari's could eat that and bikes, well they could two laps in that time. :LOL:

Very nice.
Now you need to try an Ariel Atom or the new KTM X-Bow thing (y)

That really is a beaut! I bet you're sorry to see her go!

Not alot is going to come close to the elise / exige in the thrill per pound stakes.

The only step up from that which could blast the roads and the track and give more grin factor would be the Aerial Atom imho, especially if it's the supercharged version :D

Not alot is going to come close to the elise / exige in the thrill per pound stakes.

The only step up from that which could blast the roads and the track and give more grin factor would be the Aerial Atom imho, especially if it's the supercharged version :D

Pah, none of you have ever been a passenger on one of my buses....now THERES a thrill you'd pay for.

We were taught a lesson on our last track day.

A friend bought an EVO 6 and fitted some track wheels. Thrashed it all day, took it home, changed the oil, pads, sorted some cosmetic "damage" inflicted from a high berm and sold it the next week. His cost? 200 quid after expenses.

Funny thing is I now want to take my VAN on the track. I have come to realise that the car does not matter. People with 10 year old Astras were having as much fun as the guys with the Ferraris.

My pal let me drive his EVO 6 and asked me to not drive fast but LEARY. He reckoned I could get it out further than him so the competition was set. We wasted the tyres and terrified all drivers as we tried to do all corners sideways. We were laughing so much we had to pull off to dry our eyes!

I have come to realise that the car does not matter. People with 10 year old Astras were having as much fun as the guys with the Ferraris.
(y)

I've taken costly stuff on track days and had fun but it hasn't been nearly as much fun as my lovely track shed. She rocks and the cheaper the car, the more it upsets exige drivers when you slide past. ;)

Dazza, the Exige is only a fast car when driven hard and we could not understand why people bought such a thing and nursed it round the track.:shrug: One of my rally driver pals said I, "drove it like I stole it" but why waste valuable time keeping the result of many an engineers work so far within it's envelope? :shrug:

What's the shed? Come on, pictures please..........come on, come on, come on......

On the AL note, I did once see a reg A11 LAW, (ALL LAW) missed out on that one at £2200 (bargain) folks have theirs, nothing exciting! They are for posers anyway (y)

So you going to take the Mystery Machine come A Team van onto the track?

On the AL note, I did once see a reg A11 LAW, (ALL LAW) missed out on that one at £2200 (bargain) folks have theirs, nothing exciting! They are for posers anyway (y)
Ouch! I can live with that. As my son has the same initials I look forward to the day that I will pass it on to him. We have NEVER lost money on these numbers only profited. For Sale (blatant plug): 45J & 25WG. Any takers?

So you going to take the Mystery Machine come A Team van onto the track?

What you talking about fool! If it wasn't for those pesky kids..........

:D

Here's the shed, she's a babe really. :love:

It's the only shot I can find that's online and I don't have others on this puter. Taken on a recent trip to anglesey.

picture-2.jpg

Exiges and elises tend to be some of the worst driven cars on trackdays as they are the obvious choice to get if you don't want a silly bathtub. Just means that lots of people have them but don't really have a clue what to do with them. A bit sad really but I could still be tempted into an exige, one day perhaps. :D

Lovely car. I used to have a VX220 and had great fun tracking it. 30k miles a year on Britain's A roads and motorways have killed driving for fun for me now and I have a diesel Mondeo!

A friend has a Caterham with 230 bhp (>400 bhp a tonne) - quickest thing I've ever been round a track in and I have to say, more fun than an Elise chassis as they are more "slidey". The front engine, rear wheel drive is the best combo for fun in my opinion.

A friend has a Caterham with 230 bhp (>400 bhp a tonne) - quickest thing I've ever been round a track in and I have to say, more fun than an Elise chassis as they are more "slidey". The front engine, rear wheel drive is the best combo for fun in my opinion.
Agreed. However my driving skills improved so quickly because of the positive handling such a neutral car delivers. Had I gone for something like a Caterham (which I would love to drive btw) then probably I would either a) have written it off, or b) scare myself so hard that I would never get in a car again.

I did a drifting day in my Lotus and it took me till the afternoon to actually drift it. The stability is truly awesome.

Anyway she's gone. unlikely that I will buy another and will attend track days with different aims now. Like seeing how fast a VW Transporter can get round.:LOL:

45J gotta be worth a few bob!! £25k to the right buyer???

Almost bought a really nice Seat Toledo just for the number plate and car combo, 1.8 20V flyer with T11 EDO reg number, someone in the muir, beat me to it.

Allan

My stepson has a Caterham that he does track days with, his road car is a new 3 series BMW. I used to do track days on my bikes, best value for money in the world bar none.

Back