C-41 120 Films - Some suggestions?

Name
Alexander
Edit My Images
No
I have been easing myself into 6x7 medium format over the past month, having being lured away from digital by those big, sexy negs and am looking for some film suggestions for C-41 film. In an ideal world I would shoot only slide film and get everything scanned but this is just too invonvenient/expensive so I am looking for some good C-41 films instead.

Ideally I want something fine grain - quality is more important than speed.

Any thoughts would be great guys :)

Portra 160NC

3019007577_e3cb99ca8c.jpg

3019008921_5c4e2f0976.jpg

Just ideas of the nice colours you get from this film

Ektar 100 when its made available, otherwise fuji 160S is a good bet, my favourite anyway(y)

It depends what you are planning to shoot, I loved Fuji Reala for portraiture absolutely brilliant for skin tones, I used to use Fuji NSP160 for weddings, great tonal range. I used Kodak 100, not sure if it was Ektar though on 120 for other general photography although to be honest I did mainly weddings and portaits.

Thanks for all your quick replies guys - I should have said - I think for me the most important thing for me is realistic colour - thanks

That Portra is lovely stuff. I've got some out of date Portra VC I need to get used.

That Portra is lovely stuff. I've got some out of date Portra VC I need to get used.

Ha, if i'd known about that I would have tried to get you to bung a roll in the package :LOL:

LOL. Actually I won it off irritable rabbit when I bought his G2. It hasn't got a date on it at all. It's been in the fridge he assures me, but it could be older than god's dog! :LOL:

Back