C&C please guys...

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Iv been playing with Ps and trying some new processing ideas..

Id like to hear your comments.. (y)

Diffused.jpg

1st thought is no..

can not put my finger on what is the main thing i dont like but ..always go with my gut feelings .....as its a big gut:nuts:

sorry mate

just imho

md(y)

Nice effect Fraggle. Has the look of a photo your grandmother might have from her younger days (y)

id have to say it dont work for me either. looks like a mannequinn in a shop window

Funnily, there was no smoothing applied to this image.. i just cleaned up some inperfections and then added a Diffuse Glow layer.. it seems to have de-saturated it a bit too.. i kind of like it but then i dont.. as you say MD.. its a gut thing!! :naughty: and mine may be bigger than yours!! :LOL:

Thanks for the comments so far guys.. (y)

I think the High Key and the soft glow are at odds slightly. Bring down the levels might make it more mellow or leave the softening out and go high key. :shrug:

Nice pic though and definitely worth more PP time!

Face is OOF and looks flat IMO

Knowing Tony's work I would be very surprised if the face/eyes are OOF. I think it's more to do with the PP.

I sort of like the effect if you could get a little more life into it.

Steve

Of course it's not OOF, only an idiot could take a static studio shot and get an OOF image - and I doubt Frag's an idiot

It looks 'flat' because 2 lights were used, the left light only would have given more modelling than the right only, and would be my choice

I actually quite like the processing, but would have held back a bit around the main part of the face & eyes; but it strikes me as suited to the enigmatic look rather than a smiling baby

Good effort Frag - now play with it some more and repost

DD

Back