C41 processed as B/W

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
This topic may have already been covered here before. I have a few exposed out of date C41 films and I want to develop them as a B/W, has anyone any tips on how best to do it? Developer, temp, time, etc. The films are Agfa Vista and the like. I've Googled for information but I'd rather find out from someone here who's actually done it. Help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure someone on here has done it (I was contemplating using some vista 200 24-shot for b&w, but instead I think I'm going to try selling it to the gullible for £100 a roll ;) ) ; stand development in 1:100 Rodinal seems to be mentioned a lot, as it was in the beginning of the article Peter mentioned... The results there were lovely, though.

Since my local Asda stopped processing film, I often do my Vista as B&W at home.I just stand develop at 1:100 in Rodinal for about an hour. The results are OK (ish) but the contrast is a bit low.

Thanks for the info and links Guys. SWMBO is out on Sunday so I’ll have a go then (y)

As Chris said, Rodinal 1:100 for an hour is pretty popular, though I have used paper developer with c41 film before and that wasn't too awful.

Back