Cable release for a Yashica Electro?

Edit My Images
No
After a remote shutter release for the above. It's a screw threaded thing, are these standard across different film cameras? I have seen them on ebay being sold with the cameras but they seem quite rare and i already have two electros that i'm in the process of restoring.

I've had a google but can't find any products, maybe i need to use some different search terms?

If the shutter release button has a threaded hole in the top then one of these will do the trick. Or for longer distance releasing one of these

Last edited:
Hi thanks that looks 99% of the way there except for the football-needle like thing sticking out of the end. I'm not familiar with how these things work so that needle might be part of the mechanism but there is definitely no hole that deep inside the shutter button on my Electro. Here are some screen captures from Ebay for the one's that i've seen:

electroremote.jpg

electrorelease2.jpg

The tapered thread looks spot on though. If this is the same as the one in your first link then i will go ahead and buy it. Just a bit concerned as to where the needle end bill will go. Confirmation needed!

the "needle" is actually on the end of the inner cable. Think of it as a bicycle brake cable. If you press the plunger at one end, the pin slides out maybe 5mm or so at the other. If the screw thread is in the shutter release button, it presses down inside the button and releases the shutter, simple really. The rest of the gubbins at the press-on-me end is just a friction brake, which can be on or off - off, and you get a single release. If the camera is set to B shutter speed, while ever you hold the button on the release the shutter stays open. So, if you wanted a 5 minute exposure, you can set the friction lock, press the button, and it holds 'till you release the brake. It's possibly the simplest bit of technology associated with film cameras :LOL:

It's the simple things that confuse me! I'll take the plunger on this one.

Back