Cadwell Park 8/9 September Can you be a marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Ian Smart
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok - this is a very urgent and desperate appeal on behalf of the North East Motorcycle Racing Club.

Our Cadwell Park race meeting is in danger of being canceled
We have already paid a huge deposit for our Cadwell Park race meeting on the 8th 9th Sept and due to a shortage of marshals are in great danger of canceling the meeting.

Can you help please?
If you or anyone you know can support this event and keep it on the calendar by volunteering as a marshal for one or both of these dates please get in touch with the clubs chief marshel Stew you can email him at marshals@nemcrc.co.uk

Anyone can help
No experience is needed you simply start your training on the day by being on a post with an experienced marshal - all you need can be supplied (orange overall, gloves etc.) and of course you get to see a full days racing.

This appeal is pretty desperate and any support getting the word out will be greatly appreciated - If you can not help with the meeting - please do feel free to put the word out on behalf of the club and post this appeal in any other forums and email to any friends you think may be interested or could pass the appeal on further.

If you or anyone you know can marshal at our race meeting on either the 8th or 9th of September at Cadwell Park please contact Stew at marshals@nemcrc.co.uk

Thanks

I'd like to Ian (never been a marshall before :thinking:), but I'll have to see how work duty pans out. I'll contact the chief marshall if I can, ok. Best of luck though.

Sorry Ian can't make it but I've passed your appeal on to a few friends who may beable to help.

Hope you won't have to cancel.

free bump :)

well all i can say is that that the expericend marshall's spoilt the sunday racing at cadwell.
1. some of them did not even turn up to the meeting.
2. all us racers manged to get the public to help and make numbers up but the expericend marshall would not marshall with the public.

so we had to run on the woodlands circiut ( aka. go kart track).

we had to pay 130 pound to race on a go kart track

thank you

well all i can say is that that the expericend marshall's spoilt the sunday racing at cadwell.
1. some of them did not even turn up to the meeting.
2. all us racers manged to get the public to help and make numbers up but the expericend marshall would not marshall with the public.

so we had to run on the woodlands circiut ( aka. go kart track).

we had to pay 130 pound to race on a go kart track

thank you

I was one of the local marshals & the 'people willing to help' didn't know what flags to use or what they mean
We had a few near misses on the Saturday at my post :( have you tried training flag marshals, being IO & looking after novice people on a live track picking up bikes for the first time :nono:
The riders send down anyone that could stand as they anounced without more there would be no racing , one was still ****ed from the night before :bonk:
I wasn't prepared to put my arse on the line & risk other marsals & riders lifes :razz:

If it wasn't for the 15 or 20 local expericend marshalls then there would have been no racing:| some didn't come back because it was dangerous on the Sat:help:

i can understand why someone posted here requesting help, and i can understand youre all fed up that it all ended going tits up, but what i cant understand is what its got to do with motorsport photography?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back