Cairo camel market late 1980’s

A really good record and great shots - "priceless" images to keep

Colours look OK to me - maybe play around with the WB a little - but it looks fine

Last edited:
Which make/type of film was it? Colours look ok for Kodak, but less likely Agfa or Fujifilm. imho

A really good record and great shots - "priceless" images to keep

Colours look OK to me - maybe play around with the WB a little - but it looks fine
Thanks for the reply. Looking at them on here the two open scenes could be a touch warmer. Looked ok on my big screen. The first image looks like I have picked up some blue/magenta in the blacks.

Last edited:
In that case I think the colours look about right. Nice shots, reminds me of North Africa holidays in that period

Reactions: JPL
Thanks for the reply. Looking at them on here the two open scenes could be a touch warmer. Looked ok on my big screen.
I have also found that the images - colour and brightness, shadows etc., look "less" if that's the word, on the Forum than they do on my iMac and MBP - never really got to the bottom of it - also the brightness level of my monitor changes how I see them on the screen versus Lightroom - if you get what I mean - I'm really not sure how to process images - I process so that the look good in LR with my screen level of brightness, but when I post the image on the forum, they look "less" in particularly in brightness and colour saturation - (even though the histogram on my iMac/LR looks fine)

Last edited:
When assessing colours I always look at skin tones , These look fine , Not over done.

I have also found that the images - colour and brightness, shadows etc., look "less" if that's the word, on the Forum than they do on my iMac and MBP - never really got to the bottom of it - also the brightness level of my monitor changes how I see them on the screen versus Lightroom - if you get what I mean - I'm really not sure how to process images - I process so that the look good in LR with my screen level of brightness, but when I post the image on the forum, they look "less" in particularly in brightness and colour saturation - (even though the histogram on my iMac/LR looks fine)
Yes, i processed them so they look good on my Dell monitor, I then transfer them to my iPad and tweak them very slightly before I post. Seems to be about right with just minor changes observable.

When assessing colours I always look at skin tones , These look fine , Not over done.
Thanks for the comment, I can see a very slight coolness in image 1 and 3. I will have a look on my main monitor when I get a few minutes.

Back