Caldbeck

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there

I went for a little trot around Caldbeck the other day. Its in the far north of the lake district national park. The kids love the place because it has a nice beck, a tourist shop of tat and a duck pond.

#1 - the back of skiddaw taken from Faulds Brow (above Caldbeck)

060410_DSCF0002.JPG

#2 - Caldbeck Church - where John Peel (of foxhunting fame) is buried
(thought about removing the tree on the lhs, but the shaddow might look silly)
060410_DSCF0011church.jpg

#3 the Cald Beck
(first shot I've tried of moving water)
060410_DSCF0036river.jpg

C&C always welcome :)

TFL

Allan

The first shot is good, I'm not sure about the road in the foreground though, are you able to make a decent sized crop without it?

I flew over Blencathra last summer with my son on our tandem paraglider, what a beautiful area! Whilst I agree with road comment it is still a very good shot. Well done:clap:

Great sky in number 1. Maybe nudge a little off the bottom to slightly reduce the impact of the road but I quite like it in place. Could also reduce the brightness of the road too as it looks like its almost blown in places on the top edge.

I must admit I was expecting to see a mast or two in these shots when I saw the title!

Maybe nudge a little off the bottom to slightly reduce the impact of the road but I quite like it in place. Could also reduce the brightness of the road too as it looks like its almost blown in places on the top edge.

Thanks for that thought. I had just tried removing the road totally, but then I'm left with very little scene to play with. Might try a crop where the road comes from about the middle and goes to the right hand side, and also try reducing its brightness.

Your right with the masts :D Sandale and Caldbeck they make sure that Cumbria, S Scotland and the Isle of Man get tv signals. I had my back to the Caldbeck one :)

For Himupnorth I thought I'd post a pic of saddleback from the same day (using Noah's border technique - Thanks Noah :thumb: )

blencathra+copy.jpg

Allan

Oooh and those clouds!! They are thermally generated which gets a little free flyer like me very excited:banana:

Back