Calumet Triggers

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I have just bought a Calumet radio trigger. I cant get it to work. The Transmitter seems to be working, giving a red F when you press the button, but nothing when you fire it on the camera. Buth nothing happens at the receiver end. There is no sign of the LED lighting up, pressing the button does nothing, but it does fire the flash if you wobble the batteries.

Any advice?

Is this the Pulsar?
If so, bear in mind that the control on the top should be set to 'all' (there are also channels 1,2,3,4) and that there are also A,B,C,D,E&F channels on the right hand side. Both transmitter and receiver need to be set the same. And the battery connections can be a little vague too.

I seem to remember a bit of a debate on here a little while ago and one of the outcomes was that the calumet triggers didnt't work with some Canon stuff in the same way some of the cactus triggers don't (but you probably didnt want to hear that).

Is your flash a 5 series or a 4?

at the moment I am just trying to get it to work on a series of sunpak and cobra flashes. So the Canon thing shouldnt really be an issue.

Hi David this may be stating the obvious ,double check both trigger and receiver set at same number .
Guid Health

Thanks,

tried that. No response on any of the 4 channels. Double checked LED transmitter number matched channel swithc on receiver.

Thanks for the advice. Full instructions missing, which have since been provided and problem sorted. Not used in anger yet, but tests so far seem to indicate everything working well.

Back