Camcorders - I need some of your expert advice

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All

A friend of mine has just started a new job and is keen to make a good impression.

His employers are looking to purchase video recording equipment and he suggested he knew exactly who to ask for advice......................but unfortunately phoned me!

I'm a photographer, I have no idea at all about video hence my looking for advice from the experts.

I've lifted their requirements direct from the email he sent me:

As discussed we have a budget of £300 to £400 to buy both a camcorder and tripod.

Basically the camcorder will be used for two reasons:

1. To record videos up to 1 hour in a office environment for promoting the associations product knowledge for their members (http://www.aor.org.uk/)

2. On the very very odd occasion we will need to video a presentation in typical presentation environment.

We would also need a tripod for the camera when creating these videos.

Obviously it needs to be easy to use as it will be used buy non technical people.

If you need any extra info just ask.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Lighting and audio will be key.

Any decent brand camcorder with external mic input and a semi decent tripod should do. Plus a couple of 7dayshop LED panels and light stands.

You'll also need a basic edit software which allows you to top and tale the video and overlay screen grabs of PowerPoint slides etc.

Back