Camden Candids

Name
Cheryl
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from a recent day in Camden along with Marianne & Barry :wave: What a great couple! I'm sure they got much better shots than this though...

The colourful High Street:
camden-high-st.jpg

A guy handing out leaflets who was happy to have his pic taken:
man-on-street.jpg

Two old timers eating their egg custards:
old-boys.jpg

A very talented busker:
busker.jpg

And by far the most bizarre sight of the day was this guy - I didn't manage to get a decent shot of his heavily pierced face, but I know a man who did ;)
tattooed-man.jpg

I've just finished my dinner, and am now feeling slightly queasy while I try to work out exactly what the pierced chappie is wearing on his lower half......

LOL - seriously though some nice shots there! I look forward to seeing Marianne's too!

The first is really colourful Min ... a great shot for overall effect and impact ... (y)

As for the geezer with no pants on ... well it takes allsorts dunnit ! :LOL:

The other portraits are spot on, especially the leaflet guy ... !

TFS & well done ... :clap:

Kay says:
"pensioner one is fantastic, and I can't belive the tattooed guy, LOL " :LOL:
and she likes the first one too.

My personal faves are the pensioners and the busker. I'm suprised you havent done a mono job on it yet :p

Great shots though, all of them. I think you've captured some of the 'characters' there perfectly (y) (y)

I thought about coming along... think I should have looking at these :)

very colourful :)

Shame the second one is not as sharp as the 3rd - was it a slow shutter speed?

Blimey.....i'm glad I live up here. :eek:

Interesting subjects and a colourful street, but it doesn't exactly make me want to go there :shake:

Witch said:
I've just finished my dinner, and am now feeling slightly queasy while I try to work out exactly what the pierced chappie is wearing on his lower half......

Well, just to make you regurgitate your tea, he was wearing a zebra print G- string :puke: Not a very pretty sight at all.

RobertP said:
Shame the second one is not as sharp as the 3rd - was it a slow shutter speed?

No, just camera shake - I'm useless at holding the thing still, and I'm slowly learning that the quality of the lens is pants! I was also extremely lazy and just stuck to the auto settings on the camera (I normally use manual mode)

it really was great day, rather scary but great fun and meeting Cheryl was brilliant, a really lovely friendly person, it is soooo busy there and those punky people were a bit aggressive...that bloke in the G-string and all those studs was sooo revolting to look at but who's to say he's wrong to be as he is?? It was a big stage for show offs, some of whom enjoyed the drama of trying to not be photographed....I can't sleep so I'll edit a few of mine to show you all but they look surprisingly similar to these :)

Would love to hook up with you guys one time and head up to Camden. I am in Bristol but maybe one day eh?

Nice work folks. Very nice. :)

Diego Garcia said:
Would love to hook up with you guys one time and head up to Camden. I am in Bristol but maybe one day eh?

Nice work folks. Very nice. :)

That would be great -just let me know when!

Nice work Cheryl and well done for having the nads ( ;)) to photograph some of those characters who don't always take kindly to it. What a cosmopolitan melting pot that place is!

LOL

The nearest thing we have to that place is Handsworth in B'ham and down at that street level a lot of people live by their wits, so you need to be a bit careful when you're walking about with a grand or few in camera gear. ;)

not bad at all Mini, its good that you had a good out!

Some very good shots there minimeeze, I like the first shot with all the colours..

Of course the weirdo steals the show though..:LOL:

Scary man in a dress, brilliant!

I'd be interested to know a) how you found out what was up his skirt, and b) his reasoning for wearing said get-up!

Gandhi said:
Scary man in a dress, brilliant!

I'd be interested to know a) how you found out what was up his skirt, and b) his reasoning for wearing said get-up!

a)His 'skirt' was virtually non-existent at the front, and the contents of his zebra print g-string were lolloping about all over the place, for all to see... not a sight for the faint hearted, I can tell you :eek:

b) I didn't ask! I did pluck up the courage to ask him for a pic, and he wanted to charge me a quid. Being the stereotypical tight yorkshire person that I am, I just got a few sneaky snaps ;)

minimeeze said:
a)His 'skirt' was virtually non-existent at the front, and the contents of his zebra print g-string were lolloping about all over the place, for all to see... not a sight for the faint hearted, I can tell you :eek:

ha ha...I get your drift!

Nice shots Mini.....I also like the first but that guy!!!!

Love the first one ... I often feel that when people try to capture the vibrance in street scenes with so much colour & activity, it never quite comes off but, this one is fabulous, I dont know why but, it just is!
I like the old guys with the tarts ... oo errr, lol! Have to admit though custard tarts are my fave munch after chocolate so that may have something to do with it!
The man of many colours, Ive definately gone off his idea of self expression since all the talk of his below the waist, err, um expression!!!

Lovely set of pictures - It is interesting to see this varying slant on the folk and scene from three photographers. Love the first one - has putting it on the web made the colours look faded - I always seem to have that problem when posting via "saving to web".

Getting a group together for a day out is a very good idea and we ought to promote it more often - I enjoy their company and views at out Photographic Club in Ely so i can see why you all got on and had a great and productive day. Take your minders next time!

Very colourful people and place.

You've captured the atmosphere of the place well mini

Back