Beginner Camera Advice

Name
Kaan
Edit My Images
No
I have canon 1100D with canon 85mm. I have been using this camera for 9 years. I want to buy a mirrorless camera but I don't have a huge budget. I usually take portraits. I am stuck between Canon m50 mii-Sony a6000-Olympus omd e10 mark iii models, which one would you prefer? Do you have any suggestions other than these models?

I have canon 1100D with canon 85mm. I have been using this camera for 9 years. I want to buy a mirrorless camera but I don't have a huge budget. I usually take portraits. I am stuck between Canon m50 mii-Sony a6000-Olympus omd e10 mark iii models, which one would you prefer? Do you have any suggestions other than these models?
Panasonic G90 or G9 (if you decide on M43)

Sorry if this offends Canon M system users but I think I might just avoid that system as Canon seem to be doing just that and moving on to other things.

If you like 85mm on APS-C you could go for another 85mm for the Sony A6000. Sony do a nice 85mm f1.8, I have one :D Olympus do a 75mm f1.8 which will work on Olympus or Panasonic MFT cameras.

What do you feel is holding you back with your current set up? Do you want to replace it like for like? The Canon 85 f1.8 is a good lens, I would not want to downgrade a lens to end up with a better body.

I want to continue using my old camera and lens. However, I want a smaller camera, it should be easier and lighter to carry. I live in Turkey, so my budget is low, but I can afford the models I wrote above.

I want to continue using my old camera and lens. However, I want a smaller camera, it should be easier and lighter to carry. I live in Turkey, so my budget is low, but I can afford the models I wrote above.
Your first post gave portraits as a main requirement, smaller and lighter to carry around may not go hand in hand with that.
I wouldn't look at the Canon M system either, but I believe you could use you current lens/s with it with an adaptor.

The Olympus may be smaller and lighter, but the 1100D is not the largest and heaviest camera anyway.

If your budget is low (though I am surprise that the Olympus you mentioned is low budget) some of the smaller M43 Panasonic and Olympus are small, light and inexpensive, but I wonder if they will meet your needs apart from being small and light.

If you want small and light and are happy with a fixed focal length lens, look at something like a Fuji X100, or I think Ricoh do something similar.

Or a smaller lens would probably help, something from the EF-S line, that is optimised for the smaller sensor cameras. You won't get much smaller than a 1100D unless you go for a smaller sensor.

Back